I have been trying to think of a way to capitalize on some of my misspent education, and I would like your comments (positive, negative, or otherwise) on this idea for an iOS iPhone/iPad App. Would you buy this? What features would you like to see included?

I have always found it difficult to visualize what a scene would look like in black & white, and how different filters (e.g., #8 yellow, #11 yellow-green, #22 orange and #25 red) will affect the final image. The app would be a virtual view camera, you will be able to specify the format (4x5 or 8x10), film speed (100, 400), lens focal length (e.g., 90, 150, 210, 300), filter (#8, #11, #22, #25), filter factor (tied as default to the filter but changeable), and exposure adjustment, and you will see a preview of the image (in B&W) and recommended exposure.

Second edition will include a histogram, development adjustment (e.g., normal, +/- 1 stop push or pull), more filters, and polarizing filter. Maybe a virtual Neutral Density Graduated filter (you could change hard/soft, strength, rotate, and position)

Third edition would take advantage of the touch screen, and build in a Zone system. Tap where you want Zone III, Zone VII.

Thanks for your comments.