Thread: images of Zone IV Type II head disassembled?

images of Zone IV Type II head disassembled?

Anyone got any images of the inside of a Zone VI head? I'm not even sure you can get IN the things. Looks like you might go in from the diffusion glass side.

Re: images on Zone IV Type II head disassembled?

You can get into it. But why.

Just remove the 4 hidden screws. its a real bitch to put back together.
    Richard T Ritter
    www.lg4mat.net

Screws under the light seal next to the diffusion glass?

Mine is useless, the tubes vary intensity contrast across the illumination field..color AND brightness. I've found a business that is going to take out the guts and put in LEDs. Just sent it down to them but I couldn't figure out how to get into it easily. Figured we might have to dremel in from the top and install some kind of access panel. Basically just going to use the case.

Re: images of Zone IV Type II head disassembled?

Yes remove the foam. Screws are at the 4 corners. For the foam light seal get a foam that is UV safe.
    Richard T Ritter
    www.lg4mat.net

Will do. Thanks for tip.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9434.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	132092

Very interesting. I have a Zone VI type II head whose tubes are broken, etc. If I may ask, who's doing your LED installation? Will it be two color for VC? How consistent are LED lights; does it make sense to use a compensating timer with these?

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Langham View Post
    Screws under the light seal next to the diffusion glass?

Mine is useless, the tubes vary intensity contrast across the illumination field..color AND brightness. I've found a business that is going to take out the guts and put in LEDs. Just sent it down to them but I couldn't figure out how to get into it easily. Figured we might have to dremel in from the top and install some kind of access panel. Basically just going to use the case.

Neil P: This is an electronic shop in Austin that is managed by a friend of mine. Their guys get a little bored and enjoy unusual projects it seems, or maybe they just try to do anything she asks.

I opened up my Modern Enlarger Lamp 5X7 head and photographed the components. They are basically going to strip the Zone VI and install eight LEDs. I'm using filters under the lens with the MEL head. The MEL actually has a very good color for filtration and one of the most even illumination fields I have ever seen. The Zone VI Type II head is so oversized for 5X7 that I hope I can make it even better.

I tried to talk Cemil into doing this. Looks fairly simple, but probably unforseen problems. I'll let you know how it goes.