Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: ULF Why do it?

Lurker

Re: ULF Why do it?

Interesting, the link shows that Korona had a Pixie roll film camera with some of the most ugliest pixies.

David

New Orleans, LA

Ah, never really thought about the difference between banquet and panoramic but I'm glad you pointed this out. I have a 7x17 coming my way later this year and am looking forward to its format being a nice complement to the 8x10.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    Tilt makes sense for a Banquet camera as they were made specially for image capture of large groups of people, often from a tall tripod and tilt would be great for getting more faces in focus. But that model lacks front rise, which is good for landscape and cities, which the Panoramic does have, but it lacks front tilt. Both cameras are specialized.

One is not better, they are simply different.

To complicate my situation further, perhaps I should have bought a Banquet or a camera with front tilt as I will shooting from 16 ft tall old railroad causeway which is now a park. I bet I see plenty of below horizon shots...

Where's Richard Ritter when I can't afford him!

ULF is a dis ease.
    Tin Can

I was going to say, I'd rather have tilt than rise/fall.

Though both would be preferred! My 8x20 has both, and swing. But I haven't shot it really to test the practicality of using them. Shot 8 sheets of 8x10 today though.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    I was going to say, I'd rather have tilt than rise/fall.

Though both would be preferred! My 8x20 has both, and swing. But I haven't shot it really to test the practicality of using them. Shot 8 sheets of 8x10 today though.
    This was an affordable way into 7x17 and the camera is so nice, I'm almost afraid to touch it. Now the nicest camera I have, by far. OE GG and a matching original film holder that is also VGC. I found a bargain on 2 more new holders, so it's now a 6 shot. Bang bang as we say here or is that double tap?

Koronas have a superior spring back system that works really well, they talk about it in the 1915 brochure and it's true, the holder glides in, yet is held snugly.

I don't wish for anything else.
    Tin Can

loujon

Tilt makes sense for a Banquet camera as they were made specially for image capture of large groups of people, often from a tall tripod and tilt would be great for getting more faces in focus. But that model lacks front rise, which is good for landscape and cities, which the Panoramic does have, but it lacks front tilt. Both cameras are specialized.

One is not better, they are simply different.
    While your "new born" enthusiasm is great this is how the misinformation gets started. I have both a Korona 8x20 & a Korona 12x20 and they both have plenty of rise/fall but the 12x20 has tilt as well. The "Panoramic View" had longer bellows and all the same movements as the Banquet minus tilt. The very last "Panoramic View" models may have had tilt .

Oh Yea! Congrats on the Panoramic View 7x17.
    Last edited by Louis Pacilla; 5-Apr-2015 at 19:46. Reason: add

Newborn enthusiasm is often killed at birth.

Thanks!
    Tin Can

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Thanks!
    Never when it comes to ULF!

Thanks!
    Nahh... remember when every baby was spanked immediately on entrance into this world? It's good for the character. Anyway, I expect you'll be doing plenty of self-flagellation as you learn to use that behemoth.

Quote Originally Posted by Old-N-Feeble View Post
    Nahh... remember when every baby was spanked immediately on entrance into this world? It's good for the character. Anyway, I expect you'll be doing plenty of self-flagellation as you learn to use that behemoth.
    It weighs far less than my C1.

My rule is, you touch me or mine, I touch back.

Tag
    Tin Can