Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What happened?

Re: What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Meisburger View Post
    It doesn't matter that you did not pay attention to where the notches were when you unloaded the film, if you still have the negatives. You can check them any time.

I think you forgot to stop down after focusing.
    The only difference, other than shooting on the wrong side of the film, is that after exposing the first, I just rotated the back, slapped the holder again, cocked the shutter and pressed the cable release. No further focusing or anything.

Its real simple - if the negative is really thin density, then you loaded the film backwards and tried to expose through the back. But, you said the neg is really dense, so instead you overexposed the heck out of it by forgetting to stop down or giving it way too much exposure time.

Its certainly not a bellows leak - that would show up as an obscuring streak of density without detail, and it would destroy your image detail.

Quote Originally Posted by djdister View Post
    ...you said the neg is really dense...
    I didn't specifically say the negative was dense, I said it was so dark when I pulled it from the tank that I couldn't tell whether I had an image on it. If that's dense, then yeah, it's hellaciously dense. When I scan it(using Vuescan) with its' mate--the shot before it--its' preview doesn't even show until I drag the selection over it.

Kenny

Regardless of the F. U. I kind of like the pictures. But I'm a bit puzzled by the perspectives which seem different for theTower and the building proper.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Andrada View Post
    Regardless of the F. U. I kind of like the pictures. But I'm a bit puzzled by the perspectives which seem different for theTower and the building proper.
    It do look funny don't it? All I can say is that this was a Fuji f5.6 90SW up pretty close with, at least, some front rise.

I sort of thought it might be a wide angle up close - looked like a bit of fish-eye effect. Wouldn't have expected it with a 90mm though.

I still rather like the picture though.

2 Bit Hack

The perspectives changed when the back was rotated. To me the second image has too much tilt making the top of the building wider. I can see this happening when setup for landscape then rotating the back.......and loading the sheet backwards.
    Regards

Marty