Thread: Old Paper

Old Paper

I was given a paper safe with about 100 sheets of 8x10 paper in it. there is nothing on the back, so I assume it's not a Kodak product. He also gave me a bunch of Kodak and Ilford paper still in the packaging, but he could't remember whats in the paper safe.

What would you use it for? Would you test it? if so, how?

Thanks
    Bryan

Re: Old Paper

Quote Originally Posted by photonsoup View Post
    I was given a paper safe with about 100 sheets of 8x10 paper in it. there is nothing on the back, so I assume it's not a Kodak product. He also gave me a bunch of Kodak and Ilford paper still in the packaging, but he could't remember whats in the paper safe.

What would you use it for? Would you test it? if so, how?

Thanks
    Bryan
    If it's fiber based the forum member Ginette is looking for some older fogged FB papers for her project.

Re: Old Paper

You can test it for fog. Your develop and fix in your normal sequence and you compare to the paper only fixed. You wil see if it fogged and how much it is. Some Potassium bromide or benzotriazole can help to eliminate some of the fog.
    If it is too fogged for regular b&w printing, the paper can be used for lumen prints, I do a project actually http://www.largeformatphotography.in...=1#post1165041
    or it can be used for carbon transfer.
    I'm interested to it if you wish to exchange for some others darkroom items.
    My Lumen project http://ginetteclement.com