Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Heathkit Darkroom timer revealed glory!

Re: Heathkit Darkroom timer revealed glory!

Love it! I'm into fixing the old Beseler 45 Dichro S heads . There is a little old Vactrol optical isolator (iso 2 on the board ) that goes on these and when it does the lamp comes on after a random pause or not at all. I have fixed 3 so far. Bought the obsolete parts from some fellow nut on Long Island 13 years ago.
    My Brother-in-law's dad built Heath Kit TVs Stereos . I remember building a tachometer for my 65 Chevy Biscayne 230 six 3 on the tree.

Breaking my own rule of never posting without including an image....there aren't any Heathkits in this shot, but there will be some in the image's future! Thanks to everyone for input.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9275.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	130996

Compare Heathkits to this:

http://www.radioshack.com/littlebits

We live in a plug & play world now.

Got them whipped into shape. Can't seem to do better than a two-second overage at 60 seconds, but as long as it is consistent, that should be close enough.

Name:	IMG_9333.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	131021

Might have found someone who will install LEDs in my Zone VI head....now THAT would be a nice thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Langham View Post
    Got them whipped into shape. Can't seem to do better than a two-second overage at 60 seconds, but as long as it is consistent, that should be close enough.

Name:	IMG_9333.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	131021

Might have found someone who will install LEDs in my Zone VI head....now THAT would be a nice thing.
    Would you confirm which holes are which adjustment?

Just for the 'permanent record'.

Thanks
    Tin Can

I have just bought the PT1500 Heathkit darkroom timer. It was previously used in the USA. As I’m in Australia, I need to convert it to run on 240V. I have found a manual on EBay UK & the seller has just posted it, but has just told me it’s going to take 12 weeks to be delivered!
    Does anyone have the build manual & could post / email the relevant section on setting the transformer to switch from 120V to 240V that you would not mind sharing, so that I can get this timer working now?
    Thanks in advance 😊

Sorry no manual

Good luck, in the end I gave up on my HeathKit, it was a romantic notion

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy-16 View Post
    I have just bought the PT1500 Heathkit darkroom timer. It was previously used in the USA. As I’m in Australia, I need to convert it to run on 240V. I have found a manual on EBay UK & the seller has just posted it, but has just told me it’s going to take 12 weeks to be delivered!
    Does anyone have the build manual & could post / email the relevant section on setting the transformer to switch from 120V to 240V that you would not mind sharing, so that I can get this timer working now?
    Thanks in advance 😊
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy-16 View Post
    Thanks in advance 😊
    It also needs to run on 50hz down there or times will be 20% off.

...could work to compensate for dry down!

the error in the time is probably bad capacitors in the timer section.

i recently took out my old heath kit tube osciliscope i built as a kid in the 60s. its working just fine but its just not as sexy as my old duel trace techtronics that weighs in at 60lbs all tube.

you can check the caps esr n circuit.

see if your timer manual is here...

https://www.vintage-radio.info/heathkit/

edit... its there as photo timer if you scroll past the ocsiliscopes