Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: New Darkroom equipment disappearing Buy Now

Drew Wiley

Re: New Darkroom equipment disappearing Buy Now

John - other than the complete 184 system I've got dibs on, which requires a high ceiling, all the other 8x10 stuff is going back into a new storage facility. This
    fellow is "hoarding" way more gear than even Bob, and apparently wants to gamble on the possibility of some new commercial lab starting back up and wanting it all. But I have heard of a few individuals literally paying to have 8x10 rigs hauled to the dump. One or two of them got rescued. So you never know. And there was
    Gasser downtown, who would never discount a dime on anything, no matter how many decades it just sat is storage. He once had a big Durst pulsed Xenon rig that some underwater archaeologist will find after a few hundred years of sealevel rise has turned downtown SF streets into Venice gondola tours.

Re: New Darkroom equipment disappearing Buy Now

Saunders / Omega has discontinued the wall mount kit for the 4500-II and all 4550 series enlargers. Kevin from KHB said the factory has discontinued them, supplied 6 more and given no word on what might be left.

I snagged one last night, they have two left so if you have been on the fence about obtaining one, might want to pounce. Unlike the 35mm mixing box, I think it would not be that hard to have a kit made. They basically allow you to use the enlarger for larger than 20x24 by removing the baseboard.