Given the imminent arrival of the TravelWide 4x5, I've started to daydream of seeing the design scaled up to 5x7. Some comments were made on this thread:

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...RAPHICs!/page6

specifically this from Oren Grad:

"In general, rigid-body LF P&S cameras make most sense for wide-to-ultrawide lenses, and the larger the format, the relatively wider it needs to be, because you'll be carrying around a rigid cone long enough to allow for infinity focus, and because as FL increases you need ever more travel for the helical to allow reasonably close focus. There's a listing right now on eBay for a Cambo Wide (4x5) that's been adapted with a cone for a 180, and it looks quite unwieldy.

I'd like a 5x7 P&S, myself."

There was a 5x7 Speed Graphic called the top handle 5x7, but I guess it never sold well and was eclipsed by the 4x5 Speeders. This camera weighs in at 6 1/2 pounds, without lens. A plastic 5x7 would be significantly lighter.

Is it worthwhile thinking about what it would take to produce a 5x7 plastic camera? Would we ever get enough backers for such a venture? Randy More says a 210mm lens would be the best choice for such a camera.

Anyway, have at it. I'd love to have a lightweight 5x7 option to add to my arsenal and would be willing to pay $300-500 for such a camera. Who else would be interested in such a camera?