Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anther new 8X10 (and other formats) LF camera made in Italy?

Anther new 8X10 (and other formats) LF camera made in Italy?

Yesterday i was cruising facebook and accidentally came across this:
    http://largeformat-camera.jimdo.com/8x10/

Everything they made there is supremely Italian, with various concepts and designs i have never seen before, but that are pretty much ingenious.

After a short search i found someone had pointed these out at the very end of a thread i started about the ITO camera from the Czech Republic a few months ago. but i never bothered looking at it.

They seem to have some innovative stuff, and about 3000 Euro for the lowest price 8X10, is similar to what a new Canham would cost.

At least from their facebook page it seems they making MANY cameras, for many customers, i am not sure if they are made to order or if they have units on the shelve. Either way, this is very encouraging to see.

(disclaimer: i have no affiliation to this company in any way)

Re: Anther new 8X10 (and other formats) LF camera made in Italy?

ITO 8x10 camera is from Poland, and now the camera is named Svedovsky by owner Stanisław Szwedowski. And the price is 1800$ :-)
    (I have no affiliation to this company in any way... Or maybe just one I'm Polish and this is Polish camera ;-)
    Michal Makowski

Their 8*10 camera looks nice, but not superb in my opinion, their 4*5 camera looks well clumsy.. What really looks bad in my opinion are the bellows, and I mean the folds look ugly (the colour is a matter of taste). But to have a good idea one should handle the camera to be more definitive.

That said (and enough grumbling) and is very encouraging that there are so many new LF camera makers in the EU next to existing workshops (we have now Lotus, Austria, Linhof Germany, Ito Czech republic, Argentum Hungary, Svedovsky, Poland Sinar, Switzerland and more I certainly forgot right now))recently, lets hope they are viable so my beloved hobby can be feuled with film and paper in the future.

Best,

Cor

Quote Originally Posted by Cor View Post
    Ito Czech republic, Argentum Hungary, Svedovsky Poland
    Cor
    Ito is the former name of Svedovsky and its made in Poland, Cassiopeia is made Czech Republic

Michal
    Michal Makowski

This Italian guy Alessandro Gibellini, makes what appears to be really nice 8x10s. The focusing is using teflon and supposedly very smooth etc. Starts at around $4500-$5000 though :-/

One of my friend bought a 8x10 from gibellini, not the bigest with carbon fiber but standard Wood.....at circa 2500€ I prefer my chamonix by far!!
    Finish is very bad And light, varnish is an option.......not sure of thoose products

Nice to hear feedback. Thanks.

This is great!
    8x10 cameras rock, man!
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Quote Originally Posted by nede View Post
    One of my friend bought a 8x10 from gibellini, not the bigest with carbon fiber but standard Wood.....at circa 2500€ I prefer my chamonix by far!!
    Finish is very bad And light, varnish is an option.......not sure of thoose products

Hi there.

I have been reading a lot about Gibelini 8x10. It looks great, but there's so little info about the camera from users.

I' m trying to buy a Chamonix. It's my dream camera. It's been a little hard to get in touch with Chamonix.. I have sent them to emails and still no answer.

So you like the Chamonix much more than the Gibellini?

nnamron,
    The email on chamonix's site goes to Hugo Zhang here in the u.s. I've never waited more than 48hrs for a reply from him. Send him a message on this forum.