Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: wista '45' model??

wista '45' model??

if i search wista in ebay there are some '45' model.

it is not written vx or sp in the title and description.

but the appearance is very similar with sp.

what is this model?

what is difference between vx,sp and 45?

Re: wista '45' model??

On the latest models with all black front standards the Wista 45SP is the same as the 45VX except the SP has a microfocus geared rear swing in addition to regular rear swing. The SP cost more than the VX new and was slightly heavier due to this feature. If you look at the side of the camera between the bellows and ground glass there are two chrome knobs on the SP and one on the VX. The top knob is for the microfocus swing. The earliest Wista 45SP which had a silver front standard did not have front swing but I heard that later models with silver front standards and of course the black front standards have front swing. All SP's have the microfocus rear swing.

There is also a Wista 45D model. It is an earlier model. I don't know much about it except it goes for less money. The Wista 45's that you see on Ebay that just say Wista 45 are most likely the 45D model.

45 and 45d have two knobs in the side of the camera.
    is this means these models have micro swing?
    and are they have front swing?

how can i distinguish between sp and 45d?
    it looks really same to me.

You got me real curious so I did some research. I think I may be wrong on one point that I told you.

It looks like the early Wista D's are trimmed with faux wood instead of black material on the sides. They are colored gold on some parts and they do not have front swing or microfocus rear swing. The later D's have the faux wood with no front swing but have the added microfocus rear swing.

I read where someone said they had an even later D with the black instead of faux wood without front swings. I thought the D's all had the faux wood trim and I didn't know that some D's had the microfocus rear swing. I have handled one of these black trimmed cameras and was told it was an SP. I guess the one I handled was either a D with black trim or an SP with no front swing. I would put my money on it being a D with black trim and the person was mistaken in what he told me.

Clear as mud right?

I think that you have the same model camera as mine. I have a black Wista with no front swing and no microfocus rear swing. This model, I believe, is the VX. Take a look at http://www.wista.co.jp/e_wista/e_sho...ra/e_cpho2.htm

Quote Originally Posted by lfb View Post
    if i search wista in ebay there are some '45' model.

it is not written vx or sp in the title and description.

but the appearance is very similar with sp.

what is this model?

what is difference between vx,sp and 45?
    Wista makes both metal and wood 45 cameras. In metal, recently, there were/are the VX, SP, and RF and several variations in Rosewood, Cherry, Quince and Ebony. So Wista 45 is far to general a search term. And, as mentioned, there was also the D plus a Wista 45 monorail.

Quote Originally Posted by Nissin View Post
    I think that you have the same model camera as mine. I have a black Wista with no front swing and no microfocus rear swing. This model, I believe, is the VX. Take a look at http://www.wista.co.jp/e_wista/e_sho...ra/e_cpho2.htm
    A VX without front swing, huh? Maybe the fellow was right and it was an SP without front swing that I handled. He claimed to be the original owner.

It's really hard to find information on the early metal Wistas.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Gales View Post
    A VX without front swing, huh? Maybe the fellow was right and it was an SP without front swing that I handled. He claimed to be the original owner.

It's really hard to find information on the early metal Wistas.
    SP has front swings the same as the RF and VX

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon - HP Marketing View Post
    SP has front swings the same as the RF and VX
    Thanks Bob. I guess it was a late model D that I handled.

What model do you think Nissin has?

The earlier metal Wista without front swing or rear micro-swing is the N. This page has some good photos of an N.

The N was to the VX as the D is to the SP, earlier cameras that are pretty similar but without the front swing the later models have. They all, as far as I know, just have "Wista 45" on the name plate with no sub-model designation.