Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Art Of Photography - Youtube Channel (thoughts?)

Art Of Photography - Youtube Channel (thoughts?)

Due to some health issues I haven't been able to photograph lately but often browse the forums and listen to a channel on Youtube called "Art Of Photography" by Ted Forbes. I find his enthusiasm for photography entertaining although most of his videos are kind of basic...I'm not learning anything new when I'm watching his videos but it keeps me entertained and interested in photography when I'm not physically able to shoot. I'm thinking about starting a youtube account so I can comment and ask for video suggestions but I haven't come to that point yet because I don't even know what to request or suggest...So I'm curious what do you all think of the "Art Of Photography" channel and what would you suggest to maybe make it better?

I'll probably email Ted Forbes once I get a better idea of the kind of videos I'd like to see in the future...

Here's the link to his channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/thearto...raphy/featured

Re: Art Of Photography - Youtube Channel (thoughts?)

Ted Forbes and his shoe is great. I've been watching it for years.

Another good YouTube Chanel to watch to watch is Ben Horne he does videos of his large format photography trips.
    Zak Baker
    zakbaker.photo

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter."
    Ansel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Light Guru View Post
    Ted Forbes and his shoe is great. I've been watching it for years.

Another good YouTube Chanel to watch to watch is Ben Horne he does videos of his large format photography trips.
    I think Ted is brave to give up the day job! I find his shows informative and stimulating as he explores topics I would not normally approach. I am a fan!

Russ

It's one of the better YouTube photo productions. I appreciate a tame and varied photo channel in comparison to digitalrev which is also entertaining but less pertinent. Truth be told, I like youtube more for cars, guns, and mad science sort of topics and prefer to read about photography or discuss in person.

I love Ted Forbe's channel wayyy more than Digitalrev lol... :P

I'm actually surprised there hasn't been some sort of celebration video on "Art of Photography" now that Ferrania film has met it's $250,000 goal!

Quote Originally Posted by axs810 View Post
    I'm actually surprised there hasn't been some sort of celebration video on "Art of Photography" now that Ferrania film has met it's $250,000 goal!
    If you follow the show you would know he was out of town this weekend for that art show in Atlanta plus editing the video he said he was making of the trip. He has been busy so it's no surprise he has not put out a special celebration video for Ferrania.
    Zak Baker
    zakbaker.photo

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter."
    Ansel Adams

Sometimes he does do quick announcements though so I just assumed there might be a quick update video or something.

I happen to really enjoy his content, he's also a really nice guy. He's always replied in a timely manner and really engaged any question I had regarding how he works in the darkroom.

Large Format Rocks ImSoNegative's Avatar

I also enjoy his videos very much
    "WOW! Now thats a big camera. By the way, how many megapixels is that thing?"

When I watched his video talking about the exhibition for the building he lived in (dealing with DOF portraits) I was thinking "why isn't he using his view camera!?!? :O " lol

I love his enthusiasm though..always gets me pumped for photography during those boring days. lol