Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Christmas Books

Christmas Books

"Basilico's "Porti di mare"."

Excellent choice Walter! One of my favourites (fond a nice copy on ABE) - that maybe followed by l'esperienza dei luoghi and Bord de Mer

Unfortuantley some of the more recent books by Thames and Hudson etc have had really bad printing imo
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog

Abuser of God's Sunlight

Christmas Books

Either of Robert Adams' little books ... Beauty in Photography or Why People Photograph ... would make great stocking stuffers for anyone who really cares about seeing.

I'd ask for Stephen Shore's new edition of Uncommon Places, but my girlfriend just bought it for me as a surprise.

I'd love Szarkowsky and Maria Hamburg's giant set of books on Atget. But it's doubtful anyone loves me THAT much.

Are there any great books of Timothy O'Sullivan's work? I've been revisiting it lately, but only have a few reproductions here and there.

Christmas Books

What about AMrtin parr & Chris Boot's first volume tome on the photobook... a must for any book nut, surely

"Are there any great books of Timothy O'Sullivan's work? I've been revisiting it lately, but only have a few reproductions here and there."

In slightly similar vein I've just been reading a very interesting book on Francis Frith, as well as another on the Victorian era "topographic" photographers in Egypt and Palestine - quite fascinating

"American Prospects by Joel Sternfeld" - the new edition is both nicely printed and (I'll have to double check) has addtional photographs
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog