Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mini speed graphic 2x3 questions.

Mini speed graphic 2x3 questions.

I just received as a gift, my great step uncle's mini split graphic that he brought knew when he was a young man, it's Awesome!

I have a few questions which I've also posted on APUG.

One of which is, do they make some kind of lens board adapter so that I can take this tiny lens board and put it into a normal camera that takes for example a Linhof lens board, without actually having to remove the lens from the board to?

also is this a spring back, or a graph lockback? I'm not sure how to tell the difference as to me at least, all Grafflock backs use some kind of spring, the differences this spring is on the outside versus other ones I've seen that bird on the inside,

So does this mean that my camera will take row film backs?

Pictures...
    Front
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410841480.203292.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	121912
    Image to compare it to a 4x5 holder

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410841504.458901.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	121913
    Back

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410841518.157697.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	88.2 KB 
ID:	121914

does anyone have a spare flash sync adapter?

Anyone have a spare mini speed lensboard so I can add another lens to the kit?

Anyone have a broken one I can harvest the front standard and convert it into an adapter for the aforementioned linhof "receptacle"?

Anyone have any spare film holders?

Re: Mini speed graphic 2x3 questions.

You need a mini speed graphic to linhof adapter board which probably doesn't exist. I could make you one for a few bucks if you'd like. That looks like a spring back that doesn't allow you to pull off the gg frame to insert thicker than normal holders.

Quote Originally Posted by vinny View Post
    You need a mini speed graphic to linhof adapter board which probably doesn't exist. I could make you one for a few bucks if you'd like. That looks like a spring back that doesn't allow you to pull off the gg frame to insert thicker than normal holders.
    Correct, it doesn't come off.

It's pretty tight even with regular holders but they are as thick as normal 4x5 or 8x10 holders so maybe the graflex back is thinner for 2x3 graphmatic?

If I can find a second junker mini speed I can use the front standard and convert that into a linhof style board.

That's a spring back, you'll be able to use roll film holders that can slip in under the ground glass such as the ones from Calumet or the old Adapt-a-roll 620 holders.

I found a graflok back on fleabay a few years ago, I have it on one of my Baby Speeds. The 2x3 grafmatic holders are out there, you just have to be sure you get straight septa, just like the 4x5 grafmatics. I have some 3/8 birch plywood, i'll probably make another lensboard for this camera. Shouldn't be too hard..
    Michael Cienfuegos

What a nice heirloom camera1
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

http://paramountcords.com/Bipost.asp

I don't think Grafmatics fit.

The Calumet roll film holder does.

I use NOS wood 2x3 film holders as they are softer and wear down the camera back less.

Check the rangefinder at 1 mile.

But they also made a running change on the infinity stops setting. Newer advice was to not set the stops to infinity so you had some focus adjustment.

It's all here. https://www.graflex.org/
    Tin Can

Unless you really want to use cut film or are planning to do GG viewing, you can unscrew the spring back insert and use a Graflex roll back. You can use the same screw holes the spring back used to make some sort of clip which would hold the roll film back on. The lever type backs are the best ones. Available in 6x6, 6x9 and 6x7. You wouldn't need a viewfinder mask with 6x9 but you could mask each side of the finder with black electrical tape if you wanted 6x6 or 6x7. 6x7 seems to be a happy medium because you get a bigger negative than 6x6 and more shots than 6x9.

I made one of these useful by putting a 6x7 back on it in the method described and it works great.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    The Calumet roll film holder does.
    In 4x5 cameras, yes. In 2x3 cameras, no. Cambo -- the roll holders you think of as Calumets are made by Cambo, badged Calumet. Some are badged Orbit -- makes insertion type roll holders for 4x5 cameras, doesn't make any for 2x3ers.

Why do you and cybertrash think otherwise?

Because somewhere I have a 620 Calumet and it sure looked like it would when I last saw it.

OK, let's play it safe.

Does not fit.

I use only standard film holders in these things and never mess with roll film.

So I guess that means I never tried the Calumet.

My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    In 4x5 cameras, yes. In 2x3 cameras, no. Cambo -- the roll holders you think of as Calumets are made by Cambo, badged Calumet. Some are badged Orbit -- makes insertion type roll holders for 4x5 cameras, doesn't make any for 2x3ers.

Why do you and cybertrash think otherwise?
    Tin Can