Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mini speed graphic 2x3 questions.

Re: Mini speed graphic 2x3 questions.

AFAIK there isn't a Calumet roll holder that fits a 2x3 camera. There is, however, the Adapt-A-Roll 620 which was made in sizes to fit 2x3, 3x4 and 4x5 cameras. AARs are superficially similar to the Cambo roll holders you're thinking of. You may be thinking of an AAR.

Dan, I know you are an expert on all things 2x3, Macro and experimental lens testing.

I have read twice much of what you have contributed to the online knowledge base on these subjects.

I hope Stone relies on your advice and not mine. I am a Johnny come lately, but I still love the little cameras, so much so, I will not admit, even to myself, how many I own and use...

Have a good time Stone!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    AFAIK there isn't a Calumet roll holder that fits a 2x3 camera. There is, however, the Adapt-A-Roll 620 which was made in sizes to fit 2x3, 3x4 and 4x5 cameras. AARs are superficially similar to the Cambo roll holders you're thinking of. You may be thinking of an AAR.
    Tin Can

Thanks guys, I've owned a cambo 6x7 and still own the cambo 6x12 version, as well as grafmatics all for 4x5.

So I was more than skeptical when you said the cambo would fit (thickness wise) even if the grafmatic didn't, that didn't make sense to me.

Ok I guess it's all traditional holders for me.

There's more than enough film out there, more than I thought there would be.

Thanks!

Randy, I'm not always right. Please unearth the roll holder you've been talking about and tell us what it is. If I'm mistaken I'd rather know it than persist in error.

Stone, if you want to use roll film with your baby get an Adapt-A-Roll 620 to fit it. They work well and if loaded carefully will give nine frames per roll.

Randy, I'm not always right. Please unearth the roll holder you've been talking about and tell us what it is. If I'm mistaken I'd rather know it than persist in error.

Stone, if you want to use roll film with your baby get an Adapt-A-Roll 620 to fit it. They work well and if loaded carefully will give nine frames per roll.
    Oh so it's 6x9?

I kind of like the idea of doing contact prints with this using the sheet film, I think that would be kind of neat to do portraits or something, sort of like (or exactly like) wallet sized.

Dan, you are correct more often than I am. I cannot locate that item, but after searching for 30 minutes, I gave up, slept on the idea and concluded what I cannot find is exactly what you recomend. I now believe what I have is a NOS Adapt-A_Roll 620 with box, somewhere buried in my studio. The auctioneer will find it when I am dead.

Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Oh so it's 6x9?
    6x9 is a metric approximation to 2.25" x 3.25", called 2x3 in the vernacular. 2x3 and 6x9 are different names for the same format.

Now we should tell him the real sizes in mm.

Maybe not.

6x9 is a metric approximation to 2.25" x 3.25", called 2x3 in the vernacular. 2x3 and 6x9 are different names for the same format.
    Tin Can

Well, . . . not exactly. Both the 2x3 and 6x9 holders have the same outer dimensions. However the film sizes are not the same. I had ordered 2x3 holders from Adorama and they shipped 6x9 holders instead. I had to return them because I couldn't load my 2x3 film. It was a shame because they were very nice Linhof holders.

I can confirm that my 2x3 Grafmatic does not fit into the baby Speed. It does fit into the baby Linhof.

Stone, have you checked out the focal plane shutter? Is it in good working condition?
    al

Al, did they send you 6.5 x 9 or 6 x 9 holders?