Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Photobackpacker is Retiring

Arlington VA for real & West Milford NJ in my heart and head

Thumbs up Re: Photobackpacker is Retiring

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I'm just trying to find the extra money for an 8x10 drop down bag (whatever they are called that hold the holders and expand with zippers).
    Stone, go without coffee and beer/wine or whatever for a month and get these Cascade Film Holders. They are absolutely brilliant. The video of them in use doesnt do them justice, and it's a damn good video. They will add so much ease and enjoyment to your shoots. Get some 4x5 ones also.
    Bob

There's mosquitoes on the river, fish are rising up like birds. It's been hot for seven weeks now, too hot to even speak now, did you hear what I just heard?

Re: Photobackpacker is Retiring

Quote Originally Posted by csxcnj View Post
    Stone, go without coffee and beer/wine or whatever for a month and get these Cascade Film Holders. They are absolutely brilliant. The video of them in use doesnt do them justice, and it's a damn good video. They will add so much ease and enjoyment to your shoots. Get some 4x5 ones also.
    This is spot on advice. I've got a 4x5 and an 8x10 Cascade and as soon as I saw the announcement of Bruce's retirement I ordered 2 more of each. They are truly that good...

RR

Quote Originally Posted by csxcnj View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Regular Rod View Post
    This is spot on advice. I've got a 4x5 and an 8x10 Cascade and as soon as I saw the announcement of Bruce's retirement I ordered 2 more of each. They are truly that good...

RR
    I'll try... At least the 8x10, if I need that many 4x5's I just bring my grafmatics

I ordered two 4x5 cascades the day Bruce started this thread, they get here tomorrow!

You guys make me regret that I didn't add the film holder cases with the backpack... Will have to persuade the wife now to sew something similar for me.
    Website of sorts, as well as flickr thing.

Arlington VA for real & West Milford NJ in my heart and head

Yehaa, just got my shipping notification that my new pack with LF goodies and DSLR (sacrilege!) insert arrives Friday. Just in time for a weekend trip to Harrisburg PA, where I'm shooting a friends restored Firebird SD-455 (whatever that means) and the Norfolk Southern Enola Yard and surrounding lines. No more lugging around a big Think Tank bag plus.

I was always limited to where I could park the car when using the D700 but now I'm a ramblin' man.
    Bob

There's mosquitoes on the river, fish are rising up like birds. It's been hot for seven weeks now, too hot to even speak now, did you hear what I just heard?

I hope the supplies last awhile as there are a few small items I want (vs. need) but can't justify the purchases right now.

You have made superb products and run a first class business. Your products have been the backbone of my field kit for many years and (by the look of them after years of hard use) I think they will last me the rest of my working years.

Best of luck to you! You deserve a great retirement!
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

When Bruce first introduced the cascading holder, I thought interesting I'll try one. I now have two. They are great.

anything left for lens cases? I have two lenses, both in 6x6 boards
    Nikon 150 SW
    Nikon 300

anyone know if I should go individual cases or a large one with partition? Anyone with these lenses purchase in the past?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Gittings View Post
    I hope the supplies last awhile as there are a few small items I want (vs. need) but can't justify the purchases right now.

You have made superb products and run a first class business. Your products have been the backbone of my field kit for many years and (by the look of them after years of hard use) I think they will last me the rest of my working years.

Best of luck to you! You deserve a great retirement!
    Kirk, I wouldn't wait. I spoke with Bruce this morning and he said that things are flying out the door.

Roger