Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Photobackpacker is Retiring

Re: Photobackpacker is Retiring

I wish I could know how much current stock there is, I have a few things I want to snag but don't have a ton of cash, so knowing what's firs to go would help my decisions.

I want 2-3 4x5 cascades, an 8x10 case for my Chamonix, and possibly one for a 4x5 Chamonix just "in case" lol

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I wish I could know how much current stock there is, I have a few things I want to snag but don't have a ton of cash, so knowing what's firs to go would help my decisions.

I want 2-3 4x5 cascades, an 8x10 case for my Chamonix, and possibly one for a 4x5 Chamonix just "in case" lol
    I have an ample supply of the P3 backpacks to last into the 1st Quarter of 2015. I have only 6 of the C12135 camera cases for the 8x10. All of the other camera cases are in good supply The cascade cases are also in good supply.

The LS-1150-4 multi-lens case in out of stock. All of the other lens cases are in stock.

Bruce
    Bruce

Just ordered my system. Can't wait to start using it! And like stone, I added a few items I don't need, yet

Quote Originally Posted by Photobackpacker View Post
    I have an ample supply of the P3 backpacks to last into the 1st Quarter of 2015. I have only 6 of the C12135 camera cases for the 8x10. All of the other camera cases are in good supply The cascade cases are also in good supply.

The LS-1150-4 multi-lens case in out of stock. All of the other lens cases are in stock.

Bruce
    Thanks Bruce!

Just ordered the 8x10 case, with the shipping I just wasn't able to pull ordering any of the cascades right now, but thanks! One less thing to worry about and the rest to put on the Christmas wishlist!

Anyone who has owned both the new RPT and the older Redwing PBP packs. Does the newer pack have a better load carrying system, which will allow one to carry the weight more comfortably and presumably therefore for longer periods?
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Hey,
    As a result of the posts on this thread, I dumped my old reliable, but never quite fit right pack and jumped on the photo-backpacker band wagon. Wow. As a long time photographer, AND backpacker, I really should have known better and done this sooner! This pack distributes weight on my frame SOOOOOOOOOO much better than anything else I've ever tried. I was able to carry MORE gear MORE comfortably than ever before. (The pack just eats my gear and asks for more! It fit a linhof 2x3 camera with a 80mm, 135mm, 180mm and 300mm lens, PLUS an SLR with a 35mm, 85mm, 200mm, 400mm and 1.4 tc. Not to mention various filters, batteries, media, food AND a camelpak resivior!)
    This pack allowed me to take a lot more (better) gear places where I never would have thought of before. I've attached a shot of it enjoying some shade under an arch while I do some exploring.

I just want to say thanks to Bruce for making such a great product!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bacpack (2 of 1).jpg   Bacpack (1 of 1).jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Gittings View Post
    Anyone who has owned both the new RPT and the older Redwing PBP packs. Does the newer pack have a better load carrying system, which will allow one to carry the weight more comfortably and presumably therefore for longer periods?
    I would like to keep Kirk's question open for reply, since I have exactly the same question. I have a full set of cases, etc. in one of PBP's Redwing packs, which I am very happy with, and would love to know if the new pack is enough of an improvement to justify upgrading, or whether the improvement is genuine, but really only marginal versus the earlier packs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Gittings View Post
    Kirk
    I used the older PBP for many years and was very happy with it. When I heard that Bruce was retiring I decided to upgrade to his new product. In my humble opinion, it is a lot better. I don't carry the number of lenses you do but, I carry quite a few holders. The loaded pack is very comfortable. One of the few great decisions I've made. Strongly consider getting one before they disappear.

A little more info if you don't mind. In what ways is it better? Is it lighter? Does it fit the back better etc. My question comes from having a bad back, a permanent shoulder separation and a rib that pops out of place if I move wrong-otherwise known as old age
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Hi Kirk:

The suspension is lighter and sits closer to the user's back. The frame sheet is stiff in the vertical while flexing horizontally so it doesn't fight you when you walk and has air channels to minimize the heat factor. The fit is the biggest improvement. There are 13 fit components and 10 torso length settings which makes a near custom fit easily achievable. Finally, the belt is beautifully engineered by Granite Gear to be comfortable and yet be stiff enough with an internal stiffener to gather the weight of the pack and transfer it to the shelf of the hips. This is the feature that creates the "felt-weight-reduction".

All 6 of my beta testers were former users of the P1 or P2 backpacks and all of them concluded that the P3 was another level of improvement over the comfort achieved with the previous packs. This sentiment has been echoed over and over again by all who have traded up.

If you don't agree it is worth the price of upgrade, I will pay for you to ship it back and refund all of your costs. Use the coupon code PBLFF if you are new to Photobackpacker for a 25% discount on any order containing a P3 pack. Use PBLFFPC for a 35% discount on any order containing a P3 if you are a previous customer. Free worldwide shipping on orders exceeding $200 is still in effect.
    Bruce