Hello All,
This is my first post here, although I have followed the forum for some time and found answers among the posts and replies.
I've had many years of experience as a professional photographer, and went digital, like the rest of the commercial world in 2007, but I'm taking a leap and returning to traditional methods.
I am in the process of planning a darkroom to print large black and white prints, at least 48" width and wondered if anybody had any experience or know-how they would like to share.
My present darkroom is a good size, recently set up and capable of handling paper sizes up to 20 x30", but I have a great client who wants to push the envelope and see just how big a print is possible.

Does anybody have any advice on tanks/trays/troughs? I'd love to try and minimize the handling of the paper through the various baths and wanted to ask if anybody had ever used HUGE tanks to omit 'rolling' the paper through the chemicals?
I realise that handling a flat sheet of 6 foot x4 foot paper may be a challenge, but if I were to fabricate 7 foot x 5 foot tanks (I am looking at some pretty big spaces to install this darkroom btw.)

I have read with interest the posts by Bob Carnie and Frotog on these issues and would love to hear any views members who have experience of large format printing may have on this.

Thanks in advance,
Andrew Hall