Since 7" wide roll film has gon out to lunch and never returned, I have the added chore of cutting down 9-1/2" wide roll film to 7" in order to feed my Keystone F-8 aerial camera. I've been collecting 7" spools and now have a small supply of cut down film to spool up. The problem is once I load the spools I need a dark container to put them in until needed. The 9-1/2" canisters are so much bigger I'm afraid the spool will get damaged by rattling around inside them. Perhaps the worst case scenario would be that the roll of film would become untaped and unspool itself inside the container and somehow damage the emulsion. To solve the problem I bought some ABS black sewer pipe and end fittings---one side capped and the other a threaded clean out plug---and after cutting to fit the length of the spools I used the recommended cement to glue two sh*t pipe "cannisters" together.

They look kind of like home made bombs and will certainly be instrumental in securing some notariety for yours truly at the airport, but thats another issue.

My concern is that the cement recommended stinks! I've left the two home made casings out in the yard to "air-out" for the past three days and finally there the stink is gone. My concern is that the plastic might possibly be outgassing and if so, that it might damage the film.

The cement contains methyl ethyl keytone 78-93-3 and ABS resin.

Should I be concerned? Any thoughts?

Thanks!