Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need plastic display envelopes or packaging for 5x7 prints...

Need plastic display envelopes or packaging for 5x7 prints...

Hello,
    I'm trying to find a plastic envelope, or some kind of packaging that will allow me to sell some of my 5x7 prints in a gift store. I can't afford to spend a lot of money on the packaging. It would be good if the envelope, or four-sided flap enclosure was transparent so that people could see one of the prints.

Any ideas where I can find something like this? I tried Talas but everything seems to be too expensive.

Thanks,

Larry

Re: Need plastic display envelopes or packaging for 5x7 prints...

"Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

Thanks, that looks like just the thing, but does each bag hold only one print? I was thinking of selling maybe five in a pack. I will be printing on fibre paper.

Larry

Matted or not? At 7 cents each, put each matted print in its own bag. Come on -- we are talking pennies here.
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    Matted or not? At 7 cents each, put each matted print in its own bag. Come on -- we are talking pennies here.
    Not matted. It's not the cost, it's a matter of packaging for sale. I don't know if I should sell individually or in small packets, but it would be nice to have a little flexibility. I just don't know how many fibre prints will fit in one of those bags.

The first bag should be able to hold a greeting card and its envelope, the second a window matted print...and based on that thickness, should hold 5 sheets of fiber photo paper.

You just have to decide if you want to seal them, have an open end, etc. How are people going to know what the other prints look like? What are they going to do with the un-mounted prints? (Rhetorical questions)

Buy a couple sizes if you are not sure. At $7.00 each for 100 bags, you can't go wrong. Good luck!

Too bad it will cost $18 in shipping to get a $7 item. They charge $11 for UPS Ground and a $7 handling fee for orders less than $40. Sigh. There must be a place in New York City that has these bags.

That's why I suggested getting a couple different sizes....the shipping/handling costs should remain the same. You might contact other sellers of greeting cards or small prints in your area and get up a group order. Or order 6 packs and sell off the extra at your cost...or profit (you will be getting one pack 'free' since there will be no handling fee).

But even buying one 100-envelope package, it is only 25 cents each. Add 25 cents to the cost to the customer and you are covered. If you package in groups of 5, then that is only 5 cents per print for packaging. Again...we are talking pennies here.

Eric Biggerstaff

Larry,

Archival Methods will have what you want and they are out of New York state (Rochester I believe).
    Eric Biggerstaff

www.ericbiggerstaff.com

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Kellogg View Post
    Thanks, that looks like just the thing, but does each bag hold only one print? I was thinking of selling maybe five in a pack. I will be printing on fibre paper.

Larry
    If the 5 prints are the same image, you can pack it together but if it is 5 differents images, you must go with individual bag because people will wish to see all and will need to manipulate prints. Unless you have a demo set to be manipuled and the selling sets are bagged.
    My Lumen project http://ginetteclement.com