Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ha ha haaa - Ilford heist

Ha ha haaa - Ilford heist

I agree Tom. It looks like the auction listed uses false statements....which says everything about the integrity of the person who listed it. ...no names mentioned, of course!

This thread is amazingly awful.

Since when did the LF forum become baywatch for boobied trapped auctions and the like?

Half of the posts have unfairly slated a seller with 100% positive feedback of a high number and questioned the seller's integrity based on a generic upload image. Did anyone think to ask the seller for photos of the full box rather than snidely remark on it?

The seller might have issues about his pricing strategy: if this forum reasonably crabs on about this I wouldn't have a problem with it. To make a personal attack on the seller is akin to gossip-mongering and bitching at a pathetic level.

And no, I don't shoot 8x10" nor do I know the seller.

This thread is amazingly awful.

I'd say it barely rises to "somewhat awful". For "amazingly awful" do a search for "magazine".

Seriously, though I feel this is an acceptable subject since it concerns a current topic of interest, i.e. the woes of the traditional film business, along with a human interest story about the ethics of an auction by a person willing to take advantage of others' concern about their suppliers and supplies using misleading statements. I don't see any personal attacks. The auction is plainly unethical and I think that's what this thread is about.

>Did anyone think to ask the seller for photos of the full box rather than snidely remark on it?

Now there's a thought. Someone should ask him to post pictures of the individual sheets of film they're in good condition...

Oops. I meant to write:

Someone should ask him to post pictures of the individual sheets of film to confirm they're in good condition.

I did not take the Ilford supply problem to serious until another Photog went this weekend back to Buffalo, NY and four supply retail outlets that have always carried it had none in any size or speed. Norm

No problems with Freestyle's Arista(no fooling---really!) I just got a box of Pro 400 (HP-5+) in the other day. They must have outsourced the gnomes! ;-)
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

FYI: B&H, Calumet, and Adorama all advertise 25 sheet boxes of 8x10 HP5 for less than $60 per box. Calumet and Adorama's website indicate that it is presently in stock. I didn't check other sizes or FP4.

"I did not take the Ilford supply problem to serious until another Photog went this weekend back to Buffalo, NY and four supply retail outlets that have always carried it had none in any size or speed. Norm"

my understanding is that there was an initial period when orders weren't beng filled while the administrator took over and production slowed or stopped. At the same time, loyal Ilford fans emptied the shelves. Since the administrator has been in place, production has resumed. Back orders are now being shipped and regular orders beginning to be filled
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog

I spoke with B&H last week. They said that they would be receiving a shipment of Ilford film in two weeks. I guess wait and see if they really do get it in.