Definitely a mixture for me... Its a matter of getting time away from the family and work, cost of film (when shooting Velvia 50) and cost of getting to locations I like to shoot... Because I work long hours and usually 6 days a week, the Mrs rarely wants me disappearing on sunday to shoot, and with 2 kids, a mortgage, a dog and 2 cars/registration, insurance etc etc on one wage... Sometimes even if I have the time, I might not have the money available in the budget to drive 3hrs to get to a really great location, or I might not have enough film to go and shoot, or might not want to shoot any more film until I get chems to develop what I have already shot...

Its a stupid problem to have, but it is a problem just the same... I did get sick of the costs a while back, sold my 4x5, 6x17, jobo, film, lenses, meter.. the lot.. bought a Nikon D800, shot it about 5 times... sold it, bought back into 4x5... No matter how much I sometimes struggle with the financial aspects of shooting 4x5. No other method of image making gives me a sense of connection to the final image like LF does.... 617 is close... but I suppose a bi-product of the amount of time you spend perfecting a composition, depth of field and exposure when shooting 4x5 is that you really have to love the image on the ground glass before you fire the shutter.. So when you finally make your exposure, get home, find the time to develop films etc, the resulting images are rarely a disappointment.