Thread: Show your print processing room

Show your print processing room

We've seen the darkrooms, with the enlargers and sinks etc. -- how about showing the "light" room, where you would do the stuff that needs light like spotting prints, mounting and matting, cleaning negs, storing prints etc.

Re: Show your print processing room

Not large format but:

Finishing Photographs, Tewantin Workshop

Gelatin-silver photograph on Ultrafine Silver Eagle VC FB photographic paper, image size 16.4cm X 21.3cm, from a Kodak Tmax 400 negative exposed in a Mamiya RB67 single lens reflex camera fitted with a 50mm f4.5 wide-angle lens.
    Titled and signed recto, stamped verso.
    The photograph was made as the concluding piece in an exhibition that closed recently at Foto Frenzy in Brisbane, Australia. I am spotting photographs with a 000 brush and Spotone. I come out semi-transparent because I made a time exposure with the RB67 and had to get up and walk to the camera to open and close the shutter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 13338579095_77c33a72f4_b.jpg  
    Photography:first utterance. Sir John Herschel, 14 March 1839 at the Royal Society. "...Photography or the application of the Chemical rays of light to the purpose of pictorial representation,..".

Lovely - gives me a few ideas but no one else?
    I guess this isn't as sexy a topic as darkrooms, huh?

Here is my downtown print finishing area, all dry side work, spotting, mounting, matting, storage and my marketing partner works over to the right, been in it for a few months...

Attachment 112690

Peace, over and OUT...

I`m highly surprised about how clean and tidy some of you are in your work spaces... Kodachrome, yours is a very beautiful studio! My darkroom is some kind of extremely packed place (BTW, it is far from being small), and the mounting area actually looks like an ugly junk room, with loads of utensils over six cabinets, eight drawers and several big folders here and there over the floor... I want it like yours... so please, HELP!!!
    Last edited by jose angel; 24-Mar-2014 at 14:12.

The beginning of this thread is very promising. Can't show mine though - I put it up when necessary, si ce I share the table with my wife's sewing corner...
    Website of sorts, as well as flickr thing.

Not sure about the fluorescent appearing overhead lighting for print finishing, but very nice Maris (and Koda). Makes me feel like I need an upgrade!

BTW, I would know this thread's topic better as print finishing or presentation (e.g., print processing takes place in the wet DR). Be that as it may, my not-so-fancy space may be viewed here and in associated video. I use direct daylight balanced spots and strong glasses for print finishing. This is only a work place, with the addition of a small film freezer (...and various kayaks). I store prints and framed work in various other locations, including my office.

Thank you, much appreciated. Love the Logan.

I`m highly surprised about how clean and tidy some of you are in your work spaces... Kodachrome, yours is a very beautiful studio! My darkroom is some kind of extremely packed place (BTW, it is far from being small), and the mounting area actually looks like an ugly junk room, with loads of utensils over six cabinets, eight drawers and several big folders here and there over the floor... I want it like yours... so please, HELP!!!

I'll have to clean up mine first... meeeeeesssssssssyyyyyy!

The only windowless room in my house, the waterless attic. It's better than nothing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396915877.773652.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	113481Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396915891.053099.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	113482