Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Omega 5x7 E6 LED Mod

Re: Omega 5x7 E6 LED Mod

Has anybody had any experience with the new LED conversion light kits that are now available. I saw one for the circline Fluorescent bulb from www.amatronled.com/ and was wondering if this was a quick down and dirty conversation?

Jerry,

A belated thanks. I'll bookmark this thread for later consulting when I get my E6 up and running.

Best,

Doremus

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Stowell View Post
    Has anybody had any experience with the new LED conversion light kits that are now available. I saw one for the circline Fluorescent bulb from www.amatronled.com/ and was wondering if this was a quick down and dirty conversation?
    Ron, I have not tried it, but my guess is it could work well if you can get the light even. That should be possible with adequate spacing between the bulbs and the diffusion sheet. Another thing to look at is the startup time. Some LED drivers are a bit slow to startup (still faster than CFL). The final concern would be the color balance, but in my limited testing daylight white LEDs seem to work very well with contrast filters. You will probably want to use under the lens contrast filters as the large sheets will cost you a lot.

Eric Biggerstaff

I am not so handy with electronics so I converted my E6 using a unit from Modern Enlarger Lamps, so far I am very pleased.
    Eric Biggerstaff

www.ericbiggerstaff.com