Thread: Hello from the Swamps

2 Bit Hack

Cool Hello from the Swamps

Hi
    I just joined up and wanted to post a introductory message.
    I have been reading this forum for the past month or so trying to gain as much knowledge before I took the plung.
    This is one of the best forums I have seen. Good knowledgeable people willing to share.

Thanks for the valuable information you have provided so far.
    I only hope I can return the favor.

Thanks

Re: Hello from the Swamps

Welcome! Where are the swamps? What type of LF camera do you own/looking for?

2 Bit Hack

Hi Andrew,
    Nice to meet you. You can call me Marty.

Where are the Swamps? Somewhere east of Alabama.
    I recently bought a Calumet CC-401 with a Schneider-Kreuznach Symmar-s 5.6/180 and a 5.6/210 of the same brand.
    I have the camera, gear, and film. I also have a good scanner. Right now I am trying to decide how I want to approach the darkroom, tanks and hangers in the dark or a light proof system. I have done 35mm in the past. In fact, I had quite the amateur setup until bills, living space and children repossessed that gear. I have no enlarger as 4x5's are far more expensive that all this gear combined.

This looks like a very nice community. I am glad I found it. Thanks to Ataim for encouraging me to join.

Welcome, Always visit the swamp when I'm down St Simons way.

2 Bit Hack

Quote Originally Posted by JWebb View Post
    Welcome, Always visit the swamp when I'm down St Simons way.
    Thanks! Alas, I am not on the coast. I am on the Flint River in Georgia. It is an odd place but with some intersting photographic opportunities, if you look hard enough. I have never been to St. Simons. Waycross is as close as I have gotten. I have seen the east coast of Georgia in aerial imagery and yes there are a lot of swamps there. The marshes ought to be a great subject. I should go sometimes.

Nice to meet you.

Les

Welcome. It's been quite a while (exactly 40yrs) since I went to GA's Okifen.... Swamp. I guess I need to make another 9100 mile excursion, tho I'll likely end up in Nova Scotia this time. Yeah, the beauty of not having to depend on GPS .

Les

2 Bit Hack

Quote Originally Posted by Leszek Vogt View Post
    Welcome. It's been quite a while (exactly 40yrs) since I went to GA's Okifen.... Swamp. I guess I need to make another 9100 mile excursion, tho I'll likely end up in Nova Scotia this time. Yeah, the beauty of not having to depend on GPS .

Les
    Hi Leszek! Nice to meat you. Actually, Nova Scotia might be a great idea.
    Ahhh, GPS. What is that? No, seriously, I know way too much about that stuff. But I do not use the nav tools in my personal everyday stuff either. Getting there is part of the adventure and the adventure has many parts, some good, some bad. The Okefenokee swamp was dry and burning a couple years ago. Odd for a swamp to burn, don't you think? Spring will be here in about three to four weeks.

The fields here will be turned in preparation for early corn. The winter cover crops of wheat and other grasses are up. They can be quite a nice subject in the moments surrounding sunrise and the morning due and fog.