Quote Originally Posted by andreios View Post
I have only recently moved to the larger format so I don't have more than one or two empty boxes...
That's okay, if not ideal, if you're careful.

On one extended trip w/ just a few holders, I had only one film-storage box (and no cardboard "dividers" inside), so I had to make careful notes about which sheet was on the bottom, which sheet was on top of that one, etc. When I got home, first thing I did was split the sheets into appropriate multiple boxes (N-1, N, N+1); otherwise, I just knew I’d either lose my field notes, or the notes would, eventually, stop making sense to me. BTW, while I was splitting the single stack of sheets into their multiple boxes, in the dark, I found this simple sounding task to be more dangerous and confusing than it sounds! It takes some pre-planning before you switch off the lights.

-----
As for others who still enjoy the privilege of traveling w/ envelope film (Quick Loads, etc.), you can use each envelope’s unique, factory-stamped number to help organize your separate field notes about them. Or sometimes, I’ll write brief notes directly onto the envelope ... carefully!