I know this has been discussed before, but I'm confused about what I have. I just purchased a Linhof Technikardan 45 that came with a frensel screen. However, the screen assembly seems to be a little different from what I have read about here before. The fresnel screen (plastic) is on the film side of the glass with the circular grooves facing the film. On the back side of the fresnel screen is a piece of clear glass (not frosted) with a grid on it. For you Technikardan people, the gridded glass is held in place with the two screws (one on top and one on bottom) and the fresnel screen is in a type of narrow frame that seems to be held in place with the four other screws (in the corners). It all seems to be installed as the camera is designed for.

I assume that a ground glass is normally installed by the two top and bottom screws and with the back of the fresnel screen in contact with the front surface of this clear glass, it seems to me to be correctly installed. However, there may be a slight gap or space between the two surfaces - it is impossible to determine.

The screen is very bright and will be a definite improvement over my older 4x5 with standard ground glass.

Does this all sound like it's installed properly. From what I have read here before, it has been said to install the fresnel screen on the back side of the glass not on the film side, however, for this type of setup, maybe it's done correctly.