Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My "as is" Fuji 250 6.7

My "as is" Fuji 250 6.7

I don't usually go for "as is" or bargain grade stuff because in the past I've had some bad experiences. But I have been looking for a 250 6.7 at a reasonable price . There are not many 6.7 250 fuji lenses around lately. And when they do pop up for sale , they are priced pretty high. So today one pops up on ebay for a buck thirty (#281251944785) . I knew this wasn't going to last long , it looked pretty decent , so I bought it. Now , seller described it as having no mounting ring , but in the picture , the lens is mounted to a board with some kind of ring. If I can make that ring work I'll be happy. If not , where do I get a ring ? Anyway , I think she will be a good performer . The issue with the front element seems minor.

Re: My "as is" Fuji 250 6.7

It's a Seiko shutter, you might be in for a long search for that retaining ring.
    It looks, from the photo, that it is front-mounted to the lens board; I've never seen it done that way with this lens before, but if it works, use it.

(Shrek)

His 'S-I ring' is plainly a flange or retaining ring, so you should have no trouble mounting the lens. And I wouldn't worry about 'hairline scratches' to the front element, as described by a Japanese seller. I'm sure the lens will be fine, and a great bargain for the price.

It looks like there's a flange instead of a retaining ring. Should work fine mounted to another board.

Do or do not. There is no try.

If you really want a mounting ring, there's always SK Grimes. It may not be cheap, but it'll certainly be a thing of beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by Ari View Post
    It's a Seiko shutter, you might be in for a long search for that retaining ring.
    It looks, from the photo, that it is front-mounted to the lens board; I've never seen it done that way with this lens before, but if it works, use it.
    It does look like it works. But it bugs me. I'm thinking I may be able to use that ring on the back of the board. Just drill holes in the board and use longer screws . Everything must be flush on the front side of the board. Can't wait to get her mounted on my Calumet C1 .

Quote Originally Posted by Jody_S View Post
    His 'S-I ring' is plainly a flange or retaining ring, so you should have no trouble mounting the lens. And I wouldn't worry about 'hairline scratches' to the front element, as described by a Japanese seller. I'm sure the lens will be fine, and a great bargain for the price.
    Thanks Jody I'm building my 8x10 system . A good deal every now and then helps.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

I once bought a lens that was front mounted with a flange to a wooden board and when I moved it to a Cambo metal board the flange was turned around and used as a retaining ring. It was an Acme shutter, but maybe you can do the same/similar.

looks like you should be able to remove the flange and use it like a retaining ring. might need to be trimmed if you're going to use it on the same board.
    notch codes ? I only use one film...

Yeah..... I'm thinking a little trimming here , a little drilling there , and she will be up and running on my C1 in no time at all. I like tinkering with large format equipment. When I have the parts in front of me it all comes together and I get an idea. For instance , just this morning , I was looking at the plastic slide/swing lock knob on the front standard of my Calumet C1. I always thought it should be metal . Over in the corner sat an old B&J Grover 8X10 monorail doing nothing but taking up space . The Grover is an ugly , heavy camera loaded with heavy duty aluminum knobs , brackets and hardware . So , I put together an improved lock knob .