This morning I had my view camera stolen from me while on location in downtown Milwaukee. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a good insurance company to provide coverage against theft while on location or while traveling.

The stolen equipment includes an Ebony 23S view camera, Schneider 80 XL lens, Gitzo 1228 tripod, Linhof Profi II ballhead, Lee filter holder, and Horseman 6x9 film holder.

I was able to get two exposures off before three guys drove up in a slick, gray sportscar with dark tinted windows. I knew something was wrong when I noticed the trunk of the car was popped open. The driver got out, looked at my gear and said, "Nice camera, I think I'll take it." He grabbed the camera, I grabbed the tripod, we struggled briefly until he warned me I'd get hurt. As he threw the camera into his trunk, I ran to the front of his car to get his license plate number. He drove off and I called the police with the license plate number. The whole thing was captured on video, and the police are following up on it.

I'm sharing this so others can be aware of it, maybe take some precautions, though exactly what, I don't know. I don't believe that struggling over some camera gear is a good idea, no matter how expensive. Being a woman, I feel one's personal safety is far more important. At a minimum, people should have insurance coverage for things that just happen out of the blue.

For those who have insurance, can you share the name of the company who provides the coverage and any contact information? Thanks much.