Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: linhof technika IV resurrection project

linhof technika IV resurrection project

Hello LF folks, am not really active but i read a lot and really enjoy this place. thank you all.

am about to start reconstruction of Linhof Technka IV serial 67514, my Christmas gift! this sad fellow was left in a basement for 20 years without box or a bag. as strange as it sounds all movements work and they work smooth! linhofs are build as tanks!
    someone sis not know how to close this camera so it brooked off one of bed hinges. also one corner (same side as missing hinge) of the bed is missing but this is not affecting focus, also one of lens board stops is missing...
    bellows and leather grip are disintegrated and body trim looks alive but over all corrosion is minimal. i will probably have to find or make several screws that wont survive full disassembly. i have lathe and a mil and bunch of watchmakers tools that will come to a play with this restoration.

my goal is not to make nice camera but working one. i think i can get away with one hinge only. also my plan is to remove RF and cam system, replace bellows and put new leather trim, clean and repair as much as i can and ask some leather worker friends to make me a new strap handle.

missing hinge stop

broken corner

missing lens board hinge

this is my fifth linhof and cant stop loving them more and more. i cuold allways sale it for parts but i really thing there is a chance that i can make this in to a camera again. it would be really nice t see it operational once again.

now this is a shopping list: new mellows and new leather

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Professional...item3f23e4321f

http://www.cameraleather.com/linhof/

please if you have any advice for me, or parts, or if there are soem fellows that had selvage technika form similar condition, i would like to know how was your project and if there are traps and forks in road

thanks
    Last edited by cikaziva; 26-Dec-2013 at 20:23.

Re: linhof technika IV resurrection project

and more photos

cameraleather.com can supply a die-cut set of leather or leatherette pieces for a Technika.

Custombellows.co.uk can supply a replacement bellows.

Good luck with it!

Thanks for the answer. cameralether guy's i know and i got several things form them in past they are really nice.

custombellows i didn't know about and for sure this is interesting find. i think i will order bellows form china that are on a bay, my goal is to spend as little as i can on this rebuild. am not cheap am broke

quick update: Bellows are ordered and i should have them any day now. leather covers are also ordered but it will take some more time till i have them. there was a bit of work to disassemble camera, old and corroded screws and things that ware stuck but at the end all went well and i didnt brake any screws. old leather was really discussing and full of mold and it disintegrated instead of peeling off, that really gave me a lot of work to remove old adhesive from a metal. camera is almost clean, but i still need to go one more round and give it a final clean. there was a lot of work to clean all the screws form rust. i also " amputated " RF because i wont use RF and wont make any cam's.
    am still waiting to see if i can source missing parts. so far i have no luck! finally it looks like i will just have to machine all the parts. i would prefer to find parts but then again making parts for your camera has its charms.
    i will keep updating as i progress

Looking forward to you bringing this baby back to life