Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heico Product Data Source

Heico Product Data Source

I used Heico fixer and Perma-Wash several years ago. Good stuff. Wondering if they make anything else for b&w photography.

But the B&H website shows no product data, such as dilution, capacity, shelf life, rinse times, etc. I sent an e-mail to the parent company, Rutherford, but haven’t heard a peep.

Anyone know of a website or printed literature source for these data?

http://www.bkaphoto.com/technical_info.asp

Oops...sorry, all they have is material safety info.

Octogenarian

Hi John,

Heico products are distributed in the USA by Brandess-Kalt-Aetna Group, inc.

They do not seem to have a website. Perhaps you can find their address, with a google search, and write to them requesting literature.

I still use Permawash. Good stuff. Even works as a sulfite bath for Polaroid Type 55 P/N film.

Octogenarian

Sorry John,

Brandess-Kalt-Aetna Group, Inc. website : www.bkaphoto.com. Chris posted that info while I was typing my response. I always get in trouble when I try to answer on this forum before I have my first cup of coffee in the morning. I'm going to take care of that situation right now.

Thank-you Eugene and Chris. I hadn't tumbled to the fact that BKA was distributing Heico (this year). I did manage to glean a few tidbits from the BKA site. Spoze the best thing would be to order some from B&H and read the bottle label after the fact.

Eugene, my humble Massachusetts apologies for asking questions before you Westerners are awake ;0)

Hey john-- What exactly do you need to know about NH-5 (heico's rapid fix) or Permawash? I have the tech sheets for the heico line in a lab manual.

I was trying to figure out dilution for the fixer and for the hardener. Based upon Ilford data for their hardening fixer, I'm guessing that the 12-ounce hardener should be ordered with the gallon size of NH-5 concentrate, the 3-ounce with the quart. I haven't the courage to order the five gallon size. In those flimsy B&H cartons it would never survive UPS handling.

that sounds about right. I'll dig out my lab notebook this evening & check it out, but NH5 is pretty much a direct clone of Kodak Rapid Fix A&B. You don't have to use the hardener at all. I use Kodak Rapid at work in our deeptank, and mix the hardener at half strength--I suppose some would argue you don't need it at all. fwiw, You won't need the 5 gallon sized unless you plan on doing alot of processing --we use it this size for our deeptank, and it takes a few months to put a dent in it--it makes like 20 gal of film fix and twice that of paper strength. We used to get Fix B in the 5 gal. size, but with hardener, a little bit goes a long way.

btw--kodak rapid is 104 ml pt. B to a gallon working film fix (1:3). I use about 50-70 ml per gallon depending on the seasonal wash water temps.