Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Wanted: 18 phtographers for the 2014 LF folio exchange. PLEASE READ BEFORE RESPONDING

Re: Wanted: 18 phtographers for the 2014 LF folio exchange. PLEASE READ BEFORE RESPON

OK,

All folios are on their way as of this morning with the exception of one that the participant asked me to hold for a bit until his travel plans are finalized. All the US ones went out last Friday, and Mike being just a hop, skip, and a jump from WI got his the next day. The remaining ones should get to US addresses in the next few days. The ones to Canada and Europe are on their way. For the Canada and overseas folios, I package in foam core to keep shipping costs as low as possible and shipped via First Class International. Hope they all arrive safely.

I will be sending everyone (by pm or email) a "bill" in the next few days. That will include the postage, $5 folio charge, and the paypal fees. I will also post a "review" of some of the challenges of putting these folios together in hopes that the next one will be easier to put together. That will come in the next day or two also. Thanks again everyone.

http://www.spiritsofsilver.com tgtaylor's Avatar

Re: Wanted: 18 phtographers for the 2014 LF folio exchange. PLEASE READ BEFORE RESPON

Thank you Jim and a thank you to your wife also! I look forward to receiving the folio and participating in another.

Thomas

OK,

I must confess, I made several bad typos (not the part that my wife proofed) in addresses, numbers, etc. Found out I neglected to save some changes and as a result, there are several mistakes in the info. The good news, I caught it before I sent the packages to those outside of the US. The bad news, US participants received info sheets with some mistakes and I am miffed at myself for not catching them. (Who knows there still might be another one or two, but I will have to live with them.) I will be sending everyone in the US the revised info sheets over the next week or so. Just replace the last three pages with the new sheets that I send to you.

I have sent out all packages except for Kumars. I have also pm'd everyone with their totals. Hopefully, the folios will start tricking in to those here in the US in the next day or two. Obviously the Canadian and overseas packages will take a bit longer.

I will post a page down the road about some of the "problems" that I have in putting this together. Hopefully, we can make it easier for me and you in the next folio exchange. Jim

My folio arrived toady and I must say that it is much more than I expected. The prints are superb and the effort that Jim put into it must have been immense. The quality of the overall package is fantastic. Thanks to everyone, especially Jim.

Chuck

Jim, I did not receive an invoice yet. I will send my email address via PM.

Received mine today. Once again a great package. Thanks everyone and especially Jim (and the wifey) for putting it all together!

Bob

Mine came in yesterday as well. This is about as beautiful a portfolio as I've seen. There are some gorgeous images in there. I'm torn between framing them and hanging them, and keeping the portfolio intact as it is. I will no doubt do the latter, but it would be great to see these images on display. What is the common approach here?
    Michael W. Graves
    Michael's Pub

If it ain't broke....don't fix it!

I am going to participate here with Jim for the next few years then put my collection for sale and make millions.

Dang! I'm reading all these glowing reviews from those who've received their folios and it will be at least two months before I can get back home to see the pictures! There it'll be, sitting in my mail pile, just waiting, waiting, waiting....alas.

I wonder if in a couple weeks, after everyone has got their package, maybe someone might post some of the photos here for all to see? Would that be inconsiderate, or inappropriate in light of all the work Jim put into this project?

http://www.spiritsofsilver.com tgtaylor's Avatar

Just got back from retrieving mine from the PO (they were delivered on the 31st but I only check my box once or twice a week) and WOW! I am both humbled and amazed! Thank you Jim for putting this together.

Thomas

Thank you. Thank you. Lovely folio of great images.