Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Voigtlander Portrait Euryscop 7a

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Re: Voigtlander Portrait Euryscop 7a

I found my Voigtlander Portrait Euryscop III #6 on a studio camera in Solvang California. Now I use it (not enough) on my Century 8A.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fitzgerald View Post
    I found my Voigtlander Portrait Euryscop III #6 on a studio camera in Solvang California. Now I use it (not enough) on my Century 8A.
    I posted on Facebook that I was looking for a 18-20 inch petzval for 11x14 wet plates and an awesome photographer in Europe who was a fan of my wet plate images offered this lens to me. Karma. BTW Jim I grew up in SoCal near Ventura.

I found my Voigtlander Portrait Euryscop III #6 on a studio camera in Solvang
    Obviously a Danish photographer!

The last 5A I saw, was sold by auction yesterday. Unfortunately, it was attached to a big studio camera/stand set halfway up in Sweden, along with a (non Universal) 36cm Heliar. Too far for me to collect!

Buying together with a studio set is probably the best way to get hold of the Series III - for a reasonable price. They were a less common choice than the Dallmeyer 3B and, later, the various Heliars and Cookes. The 5A is a lot more common than the 6 & 7A.

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

I forgot to add that this lens was legally stolen at a great price and is mint! I can not believe that some other LF photographer did not find this first. It was on a studio camera right in the front of an old time portrait studio in downtown Solvang.

Shot some 11x14 plates today. I really like it. I need to photograph them as my scanner only goes up to 8x10. I was wondering are nudes allowed in posts like these? I don't want to go outside of the guidelines and offend someone.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon13 View Post
    Shot some 11x14 plates today. I really like it. I need to photograph them as my scanner only goes up to 8x10. I was wondering are nudes allowed in posts like these? I don't want to go outside of the guidelines and offend someone.
    Oh heck, go ahead and offend someone. Or use black rectangles to cover the naughty bits.

Nah. I hate the censored images. I'll post some pg images soon. Or at least a crop from this session. lens is great but wide open at f 4.5-5 it has super shallow depth of field, and I am a big fan of shallow depth of depth of field but I may have to make a few water house stops and at least bring it down to f6

Here's an 8.5"x10.5" cropped scan of the 11x14 plate on my epson scanner. Sorry but I am not adept at scanning in 4 parts and merging in PS. Anyway this gives you an idea of the quality of this lens.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sofiecrop.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	104528

dallmeyer lenses still blow my mind. just shot a 4d tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fitzgerald View Post
    I forgot to add that this lens was legally stolen at a great price and is mint! I can not believe that some other LF photographer did not find this first. It was on a studio camera right in the front of an old time portrait studio in downtown Solvang.

you musta beat me to by a day or two

I did end up with the cooke, but passed on the large paragon

oh well

got my 7a in santa maria