Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Adox film sale

Re: Adox film sale

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Key View Post
    Is the emulsion harder and less prone to damage than the old emulsions were - I was think of using this film and sending it to a commercial lab.
    I would like to help out and give some pointers on that, but don't really know how. The sheets came out really nice without any scratch, peeling or spot deffects but don't know how to measure it. If you know of any specific test you would do, besides taking the film to a lab, I can try.
    raul

Thanks but don't worry. I've emailed adox and hopefully they'll give me an answer that I can post here.

Just placed a photo taken with the Adox CHS 100II film in the "Post your churches" thread (here)
    raul

Talked with Freestyle a few days ago. They are getting in this film at the end of the month.

They still don't have any at freestyle but I agree with others and I just don't see the point in making ANOTHER iso 100 film if it isn't something drastically different, especially at prices almost double ilford's prices. $175 for 25 sheets of 8x10. Then there's the issue of consistently having it in stock. I don't know about their warehouse but the retail store (on sunset*)keeps their b+w sheet film out on the shelves, not in a fridge.

*they've looked at me like I have two heads when I've questioned this practice since there's plenty of room in the fridge behind the counter. Maybe I DO have two heads.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails adox chs II.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by vinny View Post
    They still don't have any at freestyle but I agree with others and I just don't see the point in making ANOTHER iso 100 film if it isn't something drastically different, especially at prices almost double ilford's prices. $175 for 25 sheets of 8x10.
    Did you take a look at germany film stores? I did the exercise (for 8x10 ISO film at fotoimpex and macodirect).

FOMAPAN (CZ), ADOX (DE), DELTA (UK), TMAX (US) (no japanese film !)

a) 2.36 euros per sheet
    b) 3.96 euros per sheet
    c) 6.20 .. 6.56 euros per sheet
    d) 8.15 euros per sheet

Can you guess which one?

(You can also make the same exercise for japanese market. I am sure that japanese people also wonder why Kodak, Ilford, and even FOMA are still making film specially at that high price)

Quote Originally Posted by TheToadMen View Post
    Please let me know how this film works out for you.
    I was looking at it too.
    Bert from Holland
    Well I must apologise for the long time I took to get out and use the CMS 20. I used OBSIDIAN AQUA to develop it. I also used a Y2 filter because the day was so dull and overcast. In hindsight I don't think it was all that necessary as the film has plenty of contrast inbuilt. The grain is almost invisible. I have a lot of work to do to fine tune this but I developed this one at my usual routine for any other film and from this result I think I will extend the development time, increase the dilution and stand for longer periods than the two minute gaps I use now. I will also increase exposure somewhat.

RR

Rod, what are the reciprocity times like of the new film?

One of the big advantages of the old film was its very good reciprocity adjustment times, in fact once you got into low light levels it could end up giving a faster exposure time than some ISO 100 films.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Bray View Post
    Rod, what are the reciprocity times like of the new film?

One of the big advantages of the old film was its very good reciprocity adjustment times, in fact once you got into low light levels it could end up giving a faster exposure time than some ISO 100 films.
    I had no table for CMS 20 so used the same factors I used to use for CHS 25 Art and I think its not far off. OBSIDIAN AQUA just about compensates for my lack of absolute accuracy.

RR

Rod, the image was shot on CMS 20 not CHS 100 II, correct?