Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Adox film sale

Re: Adox film sale

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Graves View Post
    I had exactly the same problem. And I am not a member.
    If you can't/don't want to use the APUG-forum, you can use these direct links to find the info:
    http://www.adox.de/english/ADOX%20Films/Fims.html
    and
    http://www.adox.de/english/ADOX%20Fi..._II/index.html
    and
    http://www.fotoimpex.de/shop/system/...che=1379335922

The following formats are announced:
    - 135 film (= 35 mm film) (already available)
    - 120 roll film
    - 9x12 CM (3,55x4,72 inch) (box of 25 sheets)
    - 10,2x12,7 CM (4x5 inch) (box of 25 sheets)
    - 12,7x17,8 CM (5x7 inch) (box of 25 sheets) (already available)
    - 20,3x25,4 CM (8x10 inch) (box of 25 sheets) (already available)
    - 27,9x35,6 CM (11x14 inch) (box of 25 sheets)
    - 35,6x43,2 CM (14x17 inch) (box of 10 sheets)
    - 40,6x50,8 cm (16x20 inch) (box of 10 sheets)

There is still some CHS 100 (type I) film available, like 120 roll film, 35 mm film and 8,26x10,8 cm (3,25x4,25 inch = 1/4 plate).
    So make sure you check what you order.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    There's also a difference on APUG between being a "member" and "subscriber." Creating an account as a member costs nothing and allows you to do everything except post new threads in the For Sale section and use the galleries. Paying money makes you a subscriber and gives you those functions as well. And messages can be read by anyone without a login, just not replied to. I pasted the link from the OP into another browser that is not logged in (I leave my Firefox logged in to the sites I use so I pasted it into M$ Internet Exploder..) and I can read the thread fine, just with a message at the top saying you have to register before you can post (not read.)
    Really for Rick's information anyone reading this forum gets an almost identical yellow highlighted message about registering if they aren't a member. So they might think they have to pay to access this site

Ian

Yes but they also get a much larger post right under the yellow box showing the info about Adox.

Well I've checked the prices and in 8x10 it is expensive for an unproven film! For similar money to buy 25 sheets of the CHS 100 II, you can get 50 sheets of 8x10 Fomapan 100. Which, I would have thought, makes winning back a place in this competitive part of the market even harder.

Should have gone for 25 ISO. No competitors and a clamouring market so keen to find a reliable source of 25 ISO film that the previous let downs would all be forgiven and forgotten...

RR

Is there any indication as to whether Freestyle or B&H will bring this film into the US?
    Michael W. Graves
    Michael's Pub

If it ain't broke....don't fix it!

I had exactly the same problem. And I am not a member.
    Why don't you read Mirko's posts yourself ? You don't need to register as YOU ARE A MEMBER and have been for over 7 years despite your earlier comments.

Let's have some honesty please, it's great that companies like Fotoimpex put money and resources into bringing us new films and papers but it's not acceptable to go knocking other forums that they happen to use to publise their products. There's no animosity between the Forums except perhaps by the odd banned members but those high profile members I can think of have been banned from both in the end.

Ian
    Last edited by IanG; 16-Sep-2013 at 12:42. Reason: correct link to Profile

Is there any indication as to whether Freestyle or B&H will bring this film into the US?
    The official dealers worldwide are listed here: http://www.adox.de/english/WTB/WTB.html
    Mirko said a shipload is on its way to Freestyle now, but others might sell it too. Just ask them if they're gonna...

Quote Originally Posted by Regular Rod View Post
    Well I've checked the prices and in 8x10 it is expensive for an unproven film! For similar money to buy 25 sheets of the CHS 100 II, you can get 50 sheets of 8x10 Fomapan 100. Which, I would have thought, makes winning back a place in this competitive part of the market even harder.

Should have gone for 25 ISO. No competitors and a clamouring market so keen to find a reliable source of 25 ISO film that the previous let downs would all be forgiven and forgotten...

RR
    Well Kodak make a 50 ISO emulsion but they had the ASA goal-posts tests changed so they could call if Tmax100, ISO allows use either ASA or DIN testing methodology for film speeds.

This is a film based on a slower emulsion than the old EFKE 100 which was a panchromatic 200 EI emulsion in Daylight, so it's a mistake to compare wrongly. There's no need for a 25 ISO emulsion like EFKE/Adox 25 if a newer upgraded emulsion gives a higher film speed with similar results in terms of tonality, grain and sharpness.

Mirko made a statement some time ago stating there was no chance they'd ever try an make a new version of Agfa APX25 which was by far the best of the slow emulsions, sales were so low and key ingredients no longer manufactured.

We have to remember that most film sales are still 35mm and there's almost zero demand for a slow film that's impractical to be used handheld except mid summer. Since I began using Kb14 (now called Kb25) there's been a huge improvement in other films. 40 years ago EFKE films were way ahead in terms of fine grain, sharpness etc but had very poor hardening. Since then though other films have caught up, now it's the chance for the new Adox films coated on ex-Agfa machinery.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by IanG View Post
    Well Kodak make a 50 ISO emulsion but they had the ASA goal-posts tests changed so they could call if Tmax100, ISO allows use either ASA or DIN testing methodology for film speeds.

This is a film based on a slower emulsion than the old EFKE 100 which was a panchromatic 200 EI emulsion in Daylight, so it's a mistake to compare wrongly. There's no need for a 25 ISO emulsion like EFKE/Adox 25 if a newer upgraded emulsion gives a higher film speed with similar results in terms of tonality, grain and sharpness.

Mirko made a statement some time ago stating there was no chance they'd ever try an make a new version of Agfa APX25 which was by far the best of the slow emulsions, sales were so low and key ingredients no longer manufactured.

We have to remember that most film sales are still 35mm and there's almost zero demand for a slow film that's impractical to be used handheld except mid summer. Since I began using Kb14 (now called Kb25) there's been a huge improvement in other films. 40 years ago EFKE films were way ahead in terms of fine grain, sharpness etc but had very poor hardening. Since then though other films have caught up, now it's the chance for the new Adox films coated on ex-Agfa machinery.

Ian
    Are you sure that there is "no need"? It is surely a common method to use long exposures to achieve certain effects, well it used to be when we could get our hands on films with slower emulsions. I think you will find there actually is a need and a demand for a 25 ISO film, just check this thread out http://www.largeformatphotography.in...and-White-Film and see for yourself.

RR

Quote Originally Posted by Regular Rod View Post
    Are you sure that there is "no need"? It is surely a common method to use long exposures to achieve certain effects, well it used to be when we could get our hands on films with slower emulsions. I think you will find there actually is a need and a demand for a 25 ISO film, just check this thread out http://www.largeformatphotography.in...and-White-Film and see for yourself.

RR
    I don't disagree but the old EFKE 25 was not a 25ISO emulsion it was the same practical 50 EI as Tmax100 because the 25 referred to it's Tungsten light speed.

As it happens for more than 30 years I never used an LF film faster than 100 ISO but I do like movement in landscape images if there's some wind, and I will make framented images (multiple exposures) at times. In over 37 years of using LF I've never had a need for a film slower than 50 EI.

Ian