Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Adox film sale

Re: Adox film sale

Correct CMS 20 not CHS 100 II

I've got lots of excellent 100 ISO film already so don't need CHS 100 II, it was the quest for a usable slow fine grain film that got me trying CMS 20. I reckon OBSIDIAN AQUA will be fine with it after a few more tries.

RR

I'm waiting on my first box of 8x10 CHS 100 II. I'll post results once I get out to shoot some of it.

3 weeks door to door from Berlin to San Francisco. Most of that was in US Customs. $114 for the 25 sheet box of 8x10. $40 for shipping (which included a box of Adox paper and another box of Foma 8x10 film.) My holders are full of Fortepan 400 and Fomapan 100 right now, but once I shoot that I'll load and shoot some of this Adox CHS 100 II.

Quote Originally Posted by dakotah jackson View Post
    the word is film. No one has ever gone to a photo store and bought a box of 8x10 analog.

It is the pixelographers who need to adjust their terminology and thinking, not film photographers. The continued bastardization of photographic terminology by pixelographers shows a distinct lack of imagination.
    +1

rr

Who cares, that is pedantry of the worst kind.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Any early results or thoughts so far?

I care. There is important content in the language game. I shoot film. And the material itself (film or emulsion coated paper) is the level of examination that is most important to me in terms of artistic standards and aesthetic impact.

Meanwhile, I, too, am a little curious to see more examples of the CHS 100 II. But I have to say that the price is not so far a special magnet for my own tests and there does not otherwise seem to be an independent warrant to expect anything unique from the film.

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    Who cares, that is pedantry of the worst kind.

Well, if it's anything like the old Efke PL100M/Adox CHS 100 with better quality control I'll be happy.

The packaging is nice. A good solid box, which feels like it has a nested box inside. Unlike the Foma 8x10 film boxes, which just have regular box with a heavy duty plastic bag holding the film. I haven't broken the seal on the box CHS100 II yet. Still shooting my holders with Fortepan and Fomapan.

Quote Originally Posted by stray_227 View Post
    Any early results or thoughts so far?
    I've exposed 6 or so sheets in 4x5 in comparison with FP4. The Adox film looks very much like FP4 in regards to resolution, tonality and RGB response, so it's a good quality film. However considering that I can regularly buy FP4 for much less than the Adox I will stick with the Ilford as a quality slow sheet film. I was processing both in Rodinal and find that CHS II is good at 100 ISO and FP4 at 125.

I'll be curious to see the result of that comparison myself as I have 25 sheets of FP4+ to process. It's a tough price niche for for the Adox to inhabit as it's right between Ilford and Kodak in that regard. I do want to support Mirko in his efforts to bring a new film to market.