Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Want an Instant film holder like a Polaroid 405 for 3 1/4" X 4 1/4" Cameras?

Re: Want an Instant film holder like a Polaroid 405 for 3 1/4" X 4 1/4" Cameras?

Well....You know.....I am thinking of buying a broken 3 1/4" X 4 1/4" double dark film holder that is broken on ebay for 8 bucks for research.

Somehow at this time I don't see much point in investing 8 bucks for this broken film holder to use for research to produce the "304" film back.

Perhaps you folks on this forum could show a bit more enthusiasm toward a project like this???

Re: Want an Instant film holder like a Polaroid 405 for 3 1/4" X 4 1/4" Cameras?

Did you get the photos I emailed you ?
    Tracy Storer
    Mammoth Camera Company tm
    www.mammothcamera.com

New Findings..... Anyone?

I have an old Zeiss Ikon 3 1/4" X 4 1/4" pack film holder, rather sure it is of the 3 1/4" X 4 1/4" format, it measures exactly 3 15/16" wide, is that the correct width for this format's film holders?

The actual Polaroid CB-103 plastic pack film holder is wider than the old Zeiss Ikon film holder I have, it is 4 1/4" wide.

The proposed 304 holder looks to be one that will never slip under the ground glass spring back but be "grafloked" on to the camera.

One measurement that would really be good to have is the actual depth from the camera's back surface to where the film sits, could it be the same depth as a normal 4x5 film holder? this depth is easily sorted out by measuring a 3 1/4 X 4 1/4 double dark sheet film holder, measure from the face to the film plane, that is the depth measurement I need for now, hopefully the Polaroid Cb-103 being 4 1/4" wide it will still clear and be set back far enough to clear the grafloking tabs and mechanism to fit and such that the grafloking tabs can hold the 304 in place securely.

I am thinking of buying a 3 1/4 X 4 1/4 double dark sheet film holder off ebay for research.

Some how this project looks like the 304 holder may have to be made on a "Case by Case" basis if the concept will work at all, locating and using a darkslide could be problematical in that one may not be able to insert the darkslide in and out while the 304 is on the camera.

let me know what you think.

Regards, Steve I AKW

Hello,

I know that, this topic is kinda old.
    But i'm interested in.
    I have a speedgraphic 3x4 and i would love to use easily with a polaroid holder.

Some friend of mine made me a new back of the camera to use with my polaroid holder, But it's not a good solution. (not made to last)

I am now searching for the right hack to make it work.
    So if you want to make one on your own, if i can help !

I have a few idea of making it work with my camera (but i'm no good with my hands), maybe it can helps you.

(Sorry for my poor english)

I apologize if I'm not understanding, and I don't mean to throw a wrench into your deal, the price seems very accurate and fair, however I'm not sure if you're aware but Fuji still makes their version of the 3.25x4.25 back, "PA-145" it has a dark slide and I believe is "graphlockable" as you say.

I use mine in my Chamonix8x10 with custom 4x5 reducing back, it slides right under the glass like any other holder.

Am I missing something?

I think the problem is that those who are using this type of film probably already have a holder and so it wouldn't really need a second one, but you never know. I'll raise my hand and say I do use one, but I've already got a holder so I'm not interested in buying another. I already sold my PA-45 back and when I run out of polaroid pack films I may sell this back too! Not sure yet however.

I'm kinda curious about Stone's question too.
    Also, I'm curious in the feasibility of using Fuji's Instax film packs. I've never gotten a good feel for how complex those things are.

Lens and Repro used to make then for the 34 Graflex, but I understood that it ruined them for regular DD holders.
    Wilhelm (Sarasota)

3.25x4.25 film is pretty easy to make from 4x5.

A Graflex or a Speed/Crown with a rangefinder would not necessarily need a ground glass back to use a Polaroid back.

Not sure if it is much of a solution to convert to Polaroid. Fuji seems to blow back and forth like the wind if they are going to continue production. The Impossible project has not been focused on getting 3.25x4.25 pack film out.

Stone NYC, maybe i'd missunderstood what this topic is about, but to me, the idea is to use Pack100 on a 3 1/4 x 4 1/4 camera, not to use it on bigger camera.
    Maybe i'm wrong but the PA-145 holder is to use Pack100 on a 4x5 camera, isn't it ?

405's are expensive, but lightweight, however anything will need modification.

Here's a Polaroid Land Camera Pack 100 film back that uses current Fujiroid. It's heavy, and mostly metal. They were converted for many uses. This one fits a Polaroid MP3 copy camera.

Note this back is screwed on. Plenty of meat for modification. It measures 110 mm wide. A 3-1/4X4-1/4 back for Graflex brand cameras is 111mm wide. A close start. Some milling away of the mating surface and it will Grafloc right in place. Adjust your RF to match. Forget GG. I will never forget 'Gigi' the movie...

However I use 6x9 Horseman VH with Horseman Pack 100 back and Fujiroid. I also shoot Mamiya RB with the same film, until it's gone...

I cut Ektascan to use in 3x4.

Alpenhaus may do film plane measurements.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN6042.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	130576Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN6044.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	82.1 KB 
ID:	130577Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN6045.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	100.8 KB 
ID:	130578
    Tin Can