Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Want an Instant film holder like a Polaroid 405 for 3 1/4" X 4 1/4" Cameras?

Want an Instant film holder like a Polaroid 405 for 3 1/4" X 4 1/4" Cameras?

I am kind of doing a survey a "Show Of Hands" so to speak about those who would like an instant film holder like a Polaroid 405 for their Graflex, Linhof and other rangefinder 3 1/4" X 4 1/4" format cameras, even the few models of view cameras in that format.

I am going to post a "WillItFit" tutuorial guide to take away the mysteries of whether or not this new type of holder will work on your particular camera.

I am hoping to produce just one version that will fit a lot of cameras without one needing to cut or modify the holder or the camera but may also produce ones for certain rare cameras as well.

This new type of instant film holder for the Fuji Pack films I am going to call the Polaroid 304 holder.

Research is under way and drawings being made for my machinist to produce a proper interface plate to be fitted to the Polaroid CB-103 holder.

If interested, I need photos of your particular 3x4 format camera's rear opening plate with the ground glass spring back removed.

At this time the new Polaroid 304 film holder does not look like it will be "Graflockable", will need to be slipped under the spring back or other method of holding it in place.

Would like to get $175 each for these backs if indeed I see enough interest in this new product idea.

Re: Want an Instant film holder like a Polaroid 405 for 3 1/4" X 4 1/4" Cameras?

how many 3x4 camera users are there out there?

I actually have a 405 holder that someone had machined an adapter to use on a 3x4 R.B. Graphic - trouble is there is no provision for a darkslide..so once you put it on and stick film in it - it becomes a gigantic polaroid 180 camera (with interchangable lenses)/... or you lose a sheet every time you take it off for sheet film use

Re: Want an Instant film holder like a Polaroid 405 for 3 1/4" X 4 1/4" Cameras?

Have you looked at a Graflok 3.25"x4.25" Speed Graphic back yet? Do you know whether it fits and if the film / GroundGlass planes will be coincident, or need to be adjusted ?
    Tracy Storer
    Mammoth Camera Company tm
    www.mammothcamera.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Storer View Post
    Have you looked at a Graflok 3.25"x4.25" Speed Graphic back yet? Do you know whether it fits and if the film / GroundGlass planes will be coincident, or need to be adjusted ?
    I have ordered a film holder in that size, the film holder will provide a lot of measurements for film plane, etc

Hopefully people on this forum could provide me with photos of a graflok and some measurements.

I'll be happy to. Please PM me your email address and I'll get to it....
    Tracy Storer
    Mammoth Camera Company tm
    www.mammothcamera.com

Quote Originally Posted by DrTang View Post
    how many 3x4 camera users are there out there?

I actually have a 405 holder that someone had machined an adapter to use on a 3x4 R.B. Graphic - trouble is there is no provision for a darkslide..so once you put it on and stick film in it - it becomes a gigantic polaroid 180 camera (with interchangable lenses)/... or you lose a sheet every time you take it off for sheet film use
    I am hoping to make a holder that will have a darkslide, seeing that you have a "Custom" type 405 this may prove to be something that can be done, can you send me some photos of it?

I have a few 3x4 Graflex SLR's, with the paucity of available films for this camera I could live without a darkslide if I had to.
    Michael Cienfuegos

Quote Originally Posted by alpenhause View Post
    I am hoping to make a holder that will have a darkslide, seeing that you have a "Custom" type 405 this may prove to be something that can be done, can you send me some photos of it?
    kinda..it's on the camera now with film - -but I'll take some from the outside

I have a 3x4 film pack holder... seems like something like that could be adapted to become a base for a polaroid CB-103 back. It's almost the same concept (except without the rollers).

My main use for my 3x4 graflex SLR was to convert/adapt it to a 4x5 graflok back, ala john minnicks aero liberator project. So the original 3x4 parts of it (focus hood, top cover, original back and parts, original lens board, etc.) were superfluous to that project.

-Ed

Ed Sawyer, do you have an extra Graflex "E" lensboard that you might sell me?

Alpenhause, do you have a use for a 3x4 Graflex with a broken shutter? You can "borrow" it for shipping costs and return later, or buy it or credit against the holder, etc.? PM me if interested.
    Vincent

AnonymousPictures.tumblr.com