Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Great app for managing your Film Holders

Re: Great app for managing your Film Holders

Hi r.e.,

sorry for that. I will look into an update to fix the screen format. It is very hard to anticipate what these apps look like on a phone you don't own, even if you use the simulators to test them. As a temporary fix please rotate the phone to show the complete width of the text.

And of course I appreciate your input. No worries, please If the app does not work nobody uses it.

Best regards,
    Guido
    Quote Originally Posted by r.e. View Post
    Hi Guido,

I've figured out the problem. I'm using an iPhone 11 Pro Max. In the first screen capture below, the film type is off-screen and not visible. In the second, I've made the film type (Ilford HP5+) partially visible by dragging to the left.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a problem that needs to be fixed?

I'd just like to add, having looked at your website, that I realise that you're doing this out of interest rather than for a living. I'm reluctant to raise questions about the app, and I hope that I'm not being a nuisance

Attachment 221756

Attachment 221757

Quote Originally Posted by ghaak View Post
    Hi r.e.,

sorry for that. I will look into an update to fix the screen format. It is very hard to anticipate what these apps look like on a phone you don't own, even if you use the simulators to test them. As a temporary fix please rotate the phone to show the complete width of the text.

And of course I appreciate your input. No worries, please If the app does not work nobody uses it.

Best regards,
    Guido
    Hi Guido,

In my iPhone Settings, I had Larger Text > On. Turning it off fixed the problem.

I also had Control Centre > Rotation Lock set to On. Unlocking that and turning the phone 90° also fixes the problem.

I just published an update including the possibility to define more camera(back) formats and to edit film types and camera models directly. Please check it out!

Guido,

This is great! I used it today and exported as CSV to make it easier for me to deal with the data, but the focal length column wasn't properly exported. In the CSV, for the 6 entries (3 holders, 2 sides), the exposure compensation information ended up in the focal length column, even though the header remained.

Here's the header and one line from my CSV:

HOLDER LABEL;LOADED;FILM TYPE;EXPOSED;DATE EXPOSED;LOCATION;CAMERA;EXP.TIME;APERTURE;SHOT AT ISO;FOCAL LENGTH;BELLOWS COMP.
    E-0;yes;Delta 100 100;yes;12/1/21, 2:48 PM;(37.43999, -122.14882);Ebony 45SU 4x5;1/4;8;100;1.5

As you can see, between the 100;1.5 at the end should be the focal length. I can fix it for this file, but just wanted to let you know about this bug.

Thanks again for making this! It sure beats my little notebook.

If I could make a request, allow us to import our lenses into a database just like the camera(s) so we can just pull that down in the annotations for each sheet.

Drew
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/drew_saunders/

Thank you Drew,
    I will fix this asap!
    Also I will add the optional lens database but this may take a bit longer.

Best regards,
    Guido
    Quote Originally Posted by drew.saunders View Post
    Guido,

This is great! I used it today and exported as CSV to make it easier for me to deal with the data, but the focal length column wasn't properly exported. In the CSV, for the 6 entries (3 holders, 2 sides), the exposure compensation information ended up in the focal length column, even though the header remained.

Here's the header and one line from my CSV:

HOLDER LABEL;LOADED;FILM TYPE;EXPOSED;DATE EXPOSED;LOCATION;CAMERA;EXP.TIME;APERTURE;SHOT AT ISO;FOCAL LENGTH;BELLOWS COMP.
    E-0;yes;Delta 100 100;yes;12/1/21, 2:48 PM;(37.43999, -122.14882);Ebony 45SU 4x5;1/4;8;100;1.5

As you can see, between the 100;1.5 at the end should be the focal length. I can fix it for this file, but just wanted to let you know about this bug.

Thanks again for making this! It sure beats my little notebook.

If I could make a request, allow us to import our lenses into a database just like the camera(s) so we can just pull that down in the annotations for each sheet.

Drew

New version 3.4 is out. CSV bug fixed, lens database added.
    Please check it out!
    Guido

Any chance of an android version?

Unfortunately not. I don’t own any Android devices. However, if there is somebody out there who feels like porting the app to Android, I can make the source code available.
    Quote Originally Posted by Petzval Paul View Post
    Any chance of an android version?

Thank you very much for this software!

I have a Sinar P2 both 4x5" and 8x10". I cannot store both. I can select Sinar P2 4x5" and store it, but when I want to add a Sinar P2 8x10" it replaces the 4x5" with the 8x10".

Hi Marco,
    sorry do hear that. I will send a PM to further understand the issue and maybe share a screenshot.
    Regards, Guido
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco Annaratone View Post
    Thank you very much for this software!

I have a Sinar P2 both 4x5" and 8x10". I cannot store both. I can select Sinar P2 4x5" and store it, but when I want to add a Sinar P2 8x10" it replaces the 4x5" with the 8x10".