Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aristo replacement lamps - need dimensional drawings for T12, 1212, D1414

Aristo replacement lamps - need dimensional drawings for T12, 1212, D1414

I contacted recently Mrs Kessler about the cost of the replacement lamps for the VCL8100 and D57 as I bought theses units and wish to take enough insurance in case I receided them in millions parts like the D1414 two years ago. Good news, both units arrived safetly.

As I ask also about the D1414, Mrs Kessler told me that they need dimensional drawing to finish the work on the T12, 1212 and D1414.
    Are some members here are good at theses tasks and can send theses drawings?

Here what she emailed me about:

These large units are stalled in engineering. –crux is I have no information on the exact size and location of electrode holes of the reflector plate.

Without this the lamps cannot be finished off. What’s needed is a dimensional drawing- many have offered but none so far have sent me this.

Without it I’d be shooting in the dark to see if it would fit.

For your information, here some prices (August 2013) for the VCL8100 and the D57 (model which fit in the condenser slot of a Durst138)

M2-46-531 VCL8100-LO-B (Blue) Aristo 1 $435.00
    M2-46-532 VCL8100-LO-G (Green) Aristo 1 $435.00
    M2-46-556 D57-LO-V54 1 $275.00
    My Lumen project http://ginetteclement.com

Re: Aristo replacement lamps - need dimensional drawings for T12, 1212, D1414

I posed a picture of the inside of my unit here: http://www.largeformatphotography.in...l=1#post319373
    It shows the openings for the electrodes to be at the corners of the box. Maybe if she has this picture and the dimensions of the box that will be enough. I can also give more measurements when I get back to my darkroom.

Thanks ic-racer, I was thinking to some people like you for this task!
    I don't know the exact precision needed, if a CAD drawing will be preferable.
    But if some members here send informations and photos to Mrs Kessler ( email on this page http://www.light-sources.com/specialty/products/aristo ) and be back in this topic to let us know that the requirements are done for a particular model.

I would be willing to remove the tube from my 1414 head and send it to her to examine and document - Whaddya think - worth a try?

Quote Originally Posted by jbrianfoto View Post
    I would be willing to remove the tube from my 1414 head and send it to her to examine and document - Whaddya think - worth a try?
    You wish to send the tube or the metal box?
    Yes I think that will be the better way for them to have the units but Mrs Kessler is the good person to contact (her email here http://www.light-sources.com/specialty/products/aristo)
    Let us know.

I had some emails with Louise - she really only needed detailed measurements of the reflector plate - so I took apart my D1414-2 and my Beseler 810 (which is an Aristo T1212 on the inside) and detailed everything (also took photos). I sent all this to her yesterday, but all of my emails bounced, so I tried useing the email addy she has in her signature block - will try calling her on Monday. I can still send her the tubes and/or just send the entire pair of heads. Let's hope this gives her everything she needs !

I had some emails with Louise - she really only needed detailed measurements of the reflector plate - so I took apart my D1414-2 and my Beseler 810 (which is an Aristo T1212 on the inside) and detailed everything (also took photos). I sent all this to her yesterday, but all of my emails bounced, so I tried useing the email addy she has in her signature block - will try calling her on Monday. I can still send her the tubes and/or just send the entire pair of heads. Let's hope this gives her everything she needs !
    I have also the D1414-2. I don't know if a D1414 exist, maybe the members who have this cold light can check and document if their model is different.
    Are you shure that your Beseler 810 head is a Aristo because I saw some photos of theses units in the past and as I remember it is not a continous tubing but a set of 4 or 6 linears distincts tubes. If you have a modified head with an Aristo on top, can you look at the exact number on the unit, I think the T12 have 17 lines and the 1212 have 15 lines.
    If yours is not a T12, I can document the T12, I have one with 17 lines tubing.

Bizarre that you have problem with Louise email at voltarc.com , this is the one I used to contact her three weeks ago, maybe yours attachments was too heavy.

Hi Ginette -

There were two types of Beseler 810 cold light heads, you are correct - one type had several straight individual tubes whiuch didn't ever work well (uneven light, I hated mine and immediatly got rid of it) - the other type is built just like an Aristo 1212 head. Internally it is identical to the Aristo head, right down to the heater resistors and the way the wiring is soldered in. That's the kind I have as a spare to my D-1414-2 / Durst L184 setup.

I spoke to Louise this morning for quite a while. Turned out my photos were too big, so I broke them up into several emails and that worked. She seemed pelased with the measurements and the photos. Hopefully her shop can start churning out tubes like "sausages" soon !

Quote Originally Posted by Ginette View Post
    If you have a modified head with an Aristo on top, can you look at the exact number on the unit, I think the T12 have 17 lines and the 1212 have 15 lines.
    If yours is not a T12, I can document the T12, I have one with 17 lines tubing.
    - mine has the 1212 type tube. The increase of windings in the glass requires a bigger power supply to properly illuminate the tube - when I replaced the 1212 tube in one of my older heads, I upgraded to the T1212 Green and had to buy a bigger PS. The downside was that all of that light made for VERY short printing times which caused me problems (I don't like to stop down my enlarger lenses more than 2-3 stops) - which left me with only 5-8 seconds when printing 8X10 negatives to 16X20. Never got to figure out the best solution - we moved and the shippers destroyed my tube in transit (and would not pay the claim).

- mine has the 1212 type tube. The increase of windings in the glass requires a bigger power supply to properly illuminate the tube - when I replaced the 1212 tube in one of my older heads, I upgraded to the T1212 Green and had to buy a bigger PS.
    Can you post some photos of your unit.
    Mine is a T12 with 17 lines tube and the power supply is incorporated in the head. I will post some photos too.

- ...The downside was that all of that light made for VERY short printing times which caused me problems (I don't like to stop down my enlarger lenses more than 2-3 stops) - which left me with only 5-8 seconds when printing 8X10 negatives to 16X20. Never got to figure out the best solution - we moved and the shippers destroyed my tube in transit (and would not pay the claim).
    Add a second diffusion plexiglas or replace yours with a 1/4" instead of 1/8" or choose a more opaque plexiglass. A lot of different opacities are offered.