Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Foolproof

Foolproof

Let me put it this way, LFFers. The Epson 3800 series is the most reliable printer ever made. No 3800 computer has ever made a mistake or distorted information. It is, by any practical definition of the words, foolproof and incapable of error.

--Darin

Re: Foolproof

Fools are among the most creative people on the planet, they can always get around anything "foolproof" and create havoc. I concur that the Epson printers are very reliable however.

Richard Wasserman

https://www.rwasserman.com/

I'll have to take your word for that. After living through repeated ink clogs in four generations of Epson printers, I gave up on them and went to Canon. Not one clog since. That's MY personal definition of "reliable"
    https://www.google.com/search?q=epso...+3800+ink+clog

I also got very sick of Epson, switched to Canon Pro 1 and now I have let it sit for 2 months, I am putting a full set of inks tonight. We shall see.

Maybe I can even get the firmware to upgrade with WIN 8.1, the Mavericks would not do the upgrade

Digital printers are one of the reasons I am moving back to wet work.

Now if I could just stop that damn Internet I seem to be addicted to...

Quote Originally Posted by mdarnton View Post
    I'll have to take your word for that. After living through repeated ink clogs in four generations of Epson printers, I gave up on them and went to Canon. Not one clog since. That's MY personal definition of "reliable"
    https://www.google.com/search?q=epso...+3800+ink+clog

I don't know about the other Epsons but the 3800/3880 seems invincible. I just finished printing a total of about 130 prints, half 8x10, half 17x22. No problems whatsoever. It's a magic machine.

--Darin

I've had the 3880 for about 4 years now with no problems at all. I've left it alone for months at a time, then used it a bunch, and aside from a few cleaning cycles after the long spells, not a problem at all. Some of my ink cartridges have lasted over a year with no noticeable issues. As much as I would like to be able to do conventional darkroom work, it is just too impractical for me. That said, it is my goal that no one would look at my print from the inkjet and say "Oh, that's an inkjet print." I hope to make the end products indistinguishable and independent of the mechanism that created it. It is about the image, after all.

I think the more you use them the better they work. Costco Epson's run a lot and rarely break.

I do not print daily and have troubles with every printer I have owned, which is a few. I have no patience with broken modern electronics and my tube radios still work.

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Boville View Post
    I don't know about the other Epsons but the 3800/3880 seems invincible. I just finished printing a total of about 130 prints, half 8x10, half 17x22. No problems whatsoever. It's a magic machine.

--Darin

My 3880 has been rock-solid, even though it sits idle for weeks or months at a time in an environment where the humidity is not well controlled. So far nary a hiccup, neither clogs nor any other problem coming back to life when I need it.

Same with my 3800.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Who wants a junk Canon Pixma PRO 1?