Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how to dismantle ICA Juwel lens board?

how to dismantle ICA Juwel lens board?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1357978036204.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	67.6 KB 
ID:	97013

Simple question: how should I get the lens board off? I couldn't figure it out for an hour or so. the knob just turns around within the angle of 120 degrees, and that's all I could find out.

Re: how to dismantle ICA Juwel lens board?

Did you look at it from the back of the lens board? Once you remove the ground glass back, the attachment of the lens/board should be apparent

Cheers

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Deming View Post
    Did you look at it from the back of the lens board? Once you remove the ground glass back, the attachment of the lens/board should be apparent

Cheers

Tim
    umm... I dont get it

would you explain it more concretely?

Your picture show the lens from the front. Look at it from the back side (looking in from the rear of the camera). The attachment of the board is likely from the back side.

How's that?

Tim

The Juwel has a interchangeable lens. My memories are vague, but I seem to remember Juwel lenses on camera fairs looking rather like any loose lens in shutter, so the "lens board" might (pretty much like the Bergheil mounts) be some small round affair normally hidden behind the shutter, and the square front panel might not be the interchangeable lens board, but just the permanently attached contraption that holds it. There might be a bayonet mechanism (like on the competing Bergheil) involved, or the knob might be there for a force-lock on a beveled edge (like a Durst LAPLA).
    Last edited by Sevo; 14-Jun-2013 at 06:41.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevo View Post
    The Juwel has a interchangeable lens. My memories are vague, but I seem to remember Juwel lenses on camera fairs looking rather like any loose lens in shutter, so the "lens board" might (pretty much like the Bergheil mounts) be some small round affair normally hidden behind the shutter, and the square front panel might not be the interchangeable lens board, but just the permanently attached contraption that holds it. There might be a bayonet mechanism (like on the competing Bergheil) involved, or the knob might be there for a force-lock on a beveled edge (like a Durst LAPLA).
    The Juwel had several design changes through its production, and what you are talking about is a late design with a bayonet mount.

From the look of the camera, it appears not to have a front standard. The shutter acts as a front standard and lens changes are carried out by putting new cells?

The Juwel does have a bayonet mount. It is probably frozen from lack of use. It should turn about 1/8 turn counterclockwise. Hold the shutter securely and give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Noel View Post
    The Juwel does have a bayonet mount. It is probably frozen from lack of use. It should turn about 1/8 turn counterclockwise. Hold the shutter securely and give it a try.
    do you mean by the 'bayonet', the same type of parts used in Ideal line cameras? if so, this one has a different mechanism.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...d=271211856597

here, this guy uploaded a picture of a dismantled lens board. could it be a clue guys? :-I