Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Toyo 45gx - how to get more extension?

Re: Toyo 45gx - how to get more extension?

____

No problem at all Alan! You of course are more than welcome.
    (*And 'NO'... You were not 'Hijacking' the thread -- At least IMNSHO)... LOL.
    --
    Alan... If you should ever have the opportunity (*And I sincerely hope that you do)... You will find that there is a *** BIG, BIG *** Difference in trying to shoot 'Macro' with LF Equipment... As opposed to 35mm. With LF... You can 'Run out of Bellows' very, very, quickly (*Even at only 1:1 Magnification).
    --
    Alan... If you should have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to PM me at any time (*If you would like) -- Okay? I would be 'only too happy' to try and further assist you -- To the best of my ability! LOL.
    --
    Best,

-Tim.
    ________

Re: Toyo 45gx - how to get more extension?

Hi all!

It's my first post on this forum. Instead of starting a new thread, I figure I'll piggyback here since this is just what I'm trying to do as well. Hope I'm not hijacking, either.

My setup is a Toyo View 45G with both bellows and bag and the following lenses:
    Schneider-Kreuznach Symmar 5.6/135 12/235
    Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar 150/4.5 # 3406932
    Bogen arcar 6.3/90

I, too would like to get into macro with this setup so I bought an extension tube and figured I'd also need another standard in order to connect the bellows and the bag. But how to connect the extension? See photo, did I get the wrong tube for my setup? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	toyo whazzup.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	48.0 KB 
ID:	120009

My needs are generally for experimental video with a custom mount I made for a Canon 5D mark 2 (a small format camera with video capabilities), although since I've married into a family of artists, I anticipate needing some still photo of drawings, paintings, and sculptures of *all* sizes.

To make matters worse, I encountered a true bargain Goerz red dot ARTAR APO 19" (dialyte, process lens) at the local vintage camera show and could not resist. As I expected, I ran out of bellows before I even got started and ended up with this frankencamera Click image for larger version. 

Name:	toyo extension.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	120010 and after dissasembling a C-Stand on which to mount the Canon, was able to produce this video, which is exactly what I had in mind from the start.

Today, I just read this site's (excellent) page on macro, and wow I'll need 480x2 mm to achieve 1:1. Sigh. Suggestions?