Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What did you learn new lately? Anything photographic? We are all students!

Re: What did you learn new lately? Anything photographic? We are all students!

Cool, downloaded and will start reading soon!

Thanks for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by fecaleagle View Post
    I learned a truckload about processing albumen paper (and photographic papers in general) through James M. Reilly's Albumen and Salted Paper Book (http://albumen.conservation-us.org/l...y_delivery.pdf). The man strikes an incredible balance between the history of printing out and develop out papers and the technical details of their processing and creation. I've never read a technical manual that does as good of a job walking that line. Freely available and highly recommended...
    Tin Can

I learned yesterday that I really like the Pentax 67 system, after dissing it for so long.

I learned that cotton balls soak with PEC-12 photo emulsion cleaner will stick to my vanished wood dining room table
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

I learned Costco develops C41 35 mm for $1.59 and scans it for $2.99. I don't want their prints.

I will be shooting my F5, N70 and MX.

And they do it in 1 hour while I shop.

I ordered Fuji Superia 4 packs for $10.98 and EKtar for $5.50. Amazon Prime.
    Tin Can

That will ruin your day.

Quote Originally Posted by John Kasaian View Post
    I learned that cotton balls soak with PEC-12 photo emulsion cleaner will stick to my vanished wood dining room table
    Tin Can