Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New Large Format Android App Launched!

Re: New Large Format Android App Launched!

Good news you 2.3.3 guys, I found the bug that was keeping me from running on 2.3.3 devices.

Still working on the S3 issue, should have a new release in a couple of days if I can get a new version out!

Thanks,
    Terry

Can anyone share me the apk file if possible so i can test it on my device? Thanks

Hi all,

A couple of quick updates. Still have an issue on 2.2.3 so I wont be releasing anything for that version...sorry! Too much effort to track down the bug...

regarding the square not being square on the S3 and some other devices. There are two issues on Android for this app:

1) Android does not guarantee that the Horizontal and Vertical view angles reported back by the camera are accurate. These are values plugged into the platform by the manufacturer in order to pass Android certification testing....isnt based on reality. They should be close, but may not be spot on or in some cases may not even be close!!! I have no other source that I can find to do my computations from, short of examining and hand coding each device, so the results may not be perfect...it is what it is

2) The camera is 4:3 aspect ratio (well, most are), camera previews are not, neither are screens (most previews 640 or 720x480...screens are all over the map but doubtful they are 4:3). As the OS reports view angles based on camera image sensor (supposedly, see 1 above) I must compute based on 4:3 AR, then perform AR modifications to wind up with a screen interpolation. The camera->preview is device specific, it can be squishing the image or it could be cutting pixels off, I cant tell. There is no OS indication of HOW it is being done, but I can guarantee your image on your screen is not exactly what your sensor on the camera is seeing (AR wise or pixels wise) and will result in my box being distorted by some degree.

Bottom line: the box I draw will be CLOSE to covering the image you see on your ground glass. depending on the device it may be dead on, or could be a long ways off. Because the app depends on a manufacturer setting that can be off there is no way to guarantee a perfect box! But the app works close enough for my needs, so I'm good...hopefully it is close enough for you guys to get some use out of it.

Thanks!