Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Large Format Android App Launched!

Re: New Large Format Android App Launched!

Hi Eric, see my explanation regarding aspect ratio's above. Check the preview, the images itself may well be "squished". Try pointing the camera at a perfect square, I can almost guarantee in camera preview mode it won't be!

Bob- I'll check into that device, not sure what version OS you may have on it? I also have a friend with an issue loading on Nexus 7.

Jody, that may be the issue, I thought took it all out and l still had a crash on the emulators on 2.3.3 so there is another method call I think. I'll see if I can look into it this weekend. Love my K&R book ;-)

Iran is restricted in gplay. Is it possible to get this directly somewhere than gplay? This would be probably the app im looking for when shooting pinhole cameras.

It is a great idea! I have a galaxy s3 as well, but the problem it isnt that the image is squished, the actual ratio itself is wrong. one side is nearly double the other, the ratio itself is wrong.

I looked for an iOS app and found nothing I wanted. There are a few, but all bad. The $30 one is for movie film shooters and I don't want to spend $30 on an app that is useless for LF and all it's variation.
    Tin Can

Hi Randy, sorry about that. I'll post on here if we actually do the port to iOS.

mcfactor, if you don't mind can you take a screenshot of your S3 with the camera view on the screen? To do a screen shot on Android you simply hold the Volume Down button at the same time as the power button. You should hear a "Shutter click" within a second or so and the screen will be saved to your gallery. If you can email (or PM me here) me the screen shot and the film size/lens size you were using that would be great I can look into it. If you have some graph paper with perfect squares and point the camera at them with the app in camera mode, you should be able to see that the squares are no longer square on the screen (but if you use the camera and snap a photo they will be in the photo). But it is possible the S3 aspect ratio's between camera/preview/screen work out perfectly, but I doubt it (most cameras are squareish 4:3 or so, while most device screens are 16:9 ish so there is always image "squishing/stretching" going on...the fun part is it is always device dependent...blah! Makes me love my ground glass that much more!

Would this work on an android tablet?

@jwaddison if your tablet has a camera it should work! I have an Asus transformer that works fine

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2013-07-19-12-15-58.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	18.5 KB 
ID:	99049Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2013-07-19-12-17-00.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	16.8 KB 
ID:	99050

the one on the left is "4x5" the one on the right is "60x60"

I have the same experience on my S3: 6x6 is clearly not square. There's another app ("viewfinder", it's on my phone, but I can't find it anymore on Google play) that does it correctly, so I can compare easily. That one allows to view multiple frames, have anything outside the chosen frame opaque and save the chosen image, even with location info.

Stefan

Hey S3 guys thanks for that! I'll do some more investigation and see if I can find the issue.