Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who is making the Lomochrome Purple 400 film?

retrogrouchy

Re: Who is making the Lomochrome Purple 400 film?

Is it available in sheets? I didn't know Lomo made LF cameras...

Here is some interesting news from Georg Thaler from Lomography in Vienna:

Hi Steven

Thanks for reply. Glad you like the shots.

Regarding the source of this film I can tell you one thing, Afga is not making it and it’s really easy in handling, every Lab will be able to process it easily.

Producing sheets and/or special film size like 127 is not planned yet. This is something we might consider a bit later, once we have fed the market with more common formats.

Thanks for forwarding the Ferrania NL, I’m on their mailing-list as well. We are really amazed about this sign of life from Italy. We are very looking forward to get some of their resumed films in some month and let’s see if there will be a cooperation later again.

Supply of our purple films is on schedule. You should get the rolls within the next 1-2 weeks.

Thank you & Kind Regards from superhot Vienna,

Georg

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

lomographic society international

hollergasse 41

1150 vienna

austria

+43189944675

georg.thaler@lomography.com

I just recieved "Shipping and Tracking Info" from the Lomography folks, My lomoChrome Purple 400 rolls are set to arrive on August 8th.

Time to set sail for "Mount Diesel Train", it's either Tehachapi Loop or Cajon Pass to see how this unusual film does for railroad photography!

This should be fun! Now.... Should I use my Leica or my Rolleiflex, or.. My Hasselblad? try a few colored filters?

My package of LomoChrome arrived yesterday, but sadly I sold my Gaoersi 6x12 after I purchased the Travelwide 4x5. Looks like I'm waiting till December to shoot some purple stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyGator View Post
    My package of LomoChrome arrived yesterday, but sadly I sold my Gaoersi 6x12 after I purchased the Travelwide 4x5. Looks like I'm waiting till December to shoot some purple stuff.
    You can send me a roll..

The film is orange masked C-41 color print film on acetate base made in Germany for the most part, cross processing in E-6 looks like a waste of time because it is an ordinary orange masked color print film.

The 120 film seems to be cut and Packaged by Foma, it has the black Foma backing paper and spool, I peeled off a sticker to find the white band that holds the film rolled up printed with "Lomography Color Negative 400" Looks like Foma cuts and packs certain other 120 rolls for Lomography, the 35mm size is packed into a reloadable 35mm cartridge with no DX code

Today I have seen 3 auctions on ebay for this film at over twice the price of the pre-order prices, it will be interesting to see if these 3 auctions sell for the exhorbitant prices.

The resulting images will come flying in on the web now that the first lot of rolls have been delivered, Take a look at Flickr, there are no longer any one hour minilabs in Ventura County that I could use, the last reliable ones were using exhausted chemistry so I am going to wait several days for Image Source Ventura to do my rolls, I know they will do it right without nasty surprises.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LomoChrome35box.jpg   LomoChrome120box.jpg  

Just Plain Nuts!

Upper shot is usually Agfachrome RSXII for comparison Cross processed in C-41

Hey! wait a minute, look at the Lomochrome Sunset shots of the Union Pacific Railroad, What color are Union Pacific Locomotives? I know that that particular locomotive is a General Motors model SD-70 with a V-16 engine with about 4000 horsepower......

You gotta love custom ordered color films!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LomoChromeSunset.jpg   limon.jpg   Eating.jpg   Duckies.jpg  

You know what? I have seen a lot of really stupid labs who could give a rat's ass about making sure this unusual film looks good!

I have been watching on the Lomography website and seeing images submitted that just plain SUCK!

And you know Damn well it is because of Lame Ass stupid minilabs that just did not bother to make an attempt to do any kind of color balancing!

I have played around with scans of Lomochrome Purple film in PhotoShop and have found tremendous potential in the color balance, this unusual film picks up quite a bit of color! It is the stupid lame labs that make this film look like trash!

Image Source of Ventura, California with little to no real coaching about this film's character produced some great images, those that complain about the film being Lame went to a Lame lab!

Pick your lab carefully before you just piss this film off as lame!

It was $20 for my pro lab in Ventura to develop and print my 36 exp roll of LomoChrome Purple, 20 bucks well spent IMO! And... they received very little explanation of this film's character!

Last weekend the Tehachapi "Mountain Festival" was in full swing.

Shot this batch of Lomochrome Purple XR-100-400 at ASA 200 with a vintage 1972 Canon F-1 with 24mm FD S.S.C lens and the railroad shots with the rare Canon FD S.S.C 85 to 300mm zoom lens.

These scans are not all that top notch but usinf a high end 35mm SLR makes all the difference with this unusual German made custom film!

A high end camera with high end processing by Image Source of Ventura, Ca and this film hauls ass!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CarShow1.jpg   CarShow3.jpg   Caliente1.jpg   Caliente2.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by alpenhause View Post
    New Photos of the new Lomochrome Purple 400 film Provided by Georg Thaler from Lomography!

Enjoy!
    Oh Dear...

They need not have bothered.

RR