Dear All

I've recently purchased a used, but in pristine condition Linhof Master Technika. I'm familiar with large format cameras and am fairly sure I'm following the instructions correctly but it appears that when I focus using the rangefinder, the image is out of focus on the GG (and vice versa). I've extended the bed until it clicks in, pulled the lens board out to the infinity stop and ensured that all movements are zeroed. It's out across the entire focussing range - from near by to infinity but only by a small amount - around less than a 1/8th of a turn of the focussing ring. I estimate that at around 10ft the difference between the two focussing points is around 1ft. Some of this variance will of course be made up by depth of field when I stop the lens down, but I would have thought that the range finder would focus on the same point as the GG screen. My sense is that its enought to make a difference when undertaking portraiture and one of the reasons I purchased that type of camera was the rangefinder and its ability to focus quickly and accurately without resort tot he GG screen and a dark cloth.

I guess my question is: am I doing something wrong, how accurate should the RF be and should I get it recalibrated?

Many thanks in advance

Andrew