Hi,

my name is Lukas and I wrote a little app for the iPhone that allows you to check the shutter speeds of your cameras or your LF-lenses.
I thought this might be helpful for one or two, so I'm telling you about this

The App itself uses a acoustic measuring method to determine the shutter speed: You can record the shutter release sound, and the App displays the waveform of this sound. Because the shutter makes a noise, when it opens and closes you can see two peaks in the signal. The time between those peaks is the shutter speed of your lens/your camera.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shutter_Speed_Lomo_small.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	97141

Of course, this acoustic way of measurement has it's limits. That's why I invented a small extension for this app: A phototransistor-plug. With a small phototransistor at the top, it allows you to measure the actual light passing through the lens:

Name:	stecker.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	21.3 KB 
ID:	97147

It's pretty simple to use, just point the camera or the lens against a bright lamp, position the fototransistor-plug behind it, and release the shutter:

Name:	aufbau.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	97143

What you get is a waveform like this:

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	97145

You will see two clear peaks, and you can easily determine the shutter speed from this.

The App plus the phototransistor-plug is a very powerful tool that allows you to check the accuracy of your lenses/your cameras quickly and without wasting money for film. I already sold several of them and I only get positive reviews about the plug.

If you are interested and if you have an iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad, I would be glad if you give it a try:https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/shut...l=de&ls=1&mt=8
And if you like the idea and want to get more precise measurements, especially at faster speeds, you may want to try the phototransistor-plug as an extension: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shutter-Spee...item3a81f265cd

Thank you

Best,
Lukas