I wouldn't dwell on the "Right Bag" too much . . .there is no such thing.

Any time you modify your photogaphiuc objective, then change up your kit a bit to serve that goal, the current bag will be less than perfict.

I have a selection of bags of different sizes and configurations, from a bullet proof Pelican hard case to a full sized LowePro AW Treker and on down to smaller shoulder bags. Most were bought used at pawn shops for not that much. A couple are pretty non-descript and off brand or no label, though effective in protecting the gear . . .and a little stealthy. I also have a drawer full fo spare dividers scavenged over the years to help in padding out whatever is packed To my wife’s dismay, have been known to buy a really worn-out bag just for the deviders.

Another option is PhotoBackpacker protective boxes. They work great and can be used to organize any bag . . .even a casual tote bag or an executive looking messenger bag. The gear stays in their boxs and can be put into any bag. They may be velcroed together (or not) and the company will make a velcro nounting board to fit any pack or bag for you (they are pretty responsive on this board).

Another thought is to use a Grafmatic or two; less stuff to move around/store and six shots each.

Let us know what you do and post the pictures here!

Cheers