Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Selling Your Work Online

Selling Your Work Online

As Frank has described that is the way I have done my site (www.cicoli.com). I concentrated on two things: 1. ease of navigation and 2. quality scans. I have had regular purchases since day 1 and mostly from repeat customers who now correspond with me to share information on topics involving technique and vision. I am not giving up my day job but having a dedicated site is a great way to get my work noticed and purchased at the right price and by the right people..

Selling Your Work Online

Francesco and Frank

I agree with you about the uglyness of ebay. But I think it is a greta tool to advertise. There are some Gallery who sell work on ebay , so there are some collectors there. And it is interesting to sell some auction on ebay to drive collectors to your own web page.

Most of my ebay customers are collectors who correspond with me about my work and other photography. It is really interesting to share information with collectors passionate by photography.

you should also read this http://artbizcoach.com/

http://artbizcoach.com/ this may give you some idea.

Selling Your Work Online

Chris, Thanks for that link, it has a whole bunch of helpful information about what to do and how to do it. I'd never seen the site before, but it has given me a couple of good ideas on how to go about an idea that I have had for a while.

Selling Your Work Online

<body bgcolor="#FFFFFF">

Hi Jeremy

I make a mistake and forget to give a second link

http://art-support.com/

You may also find interesting information on this one. Thing as simple as bill
    of sale and so on.

regards

Chris. Nze

www.c-nze.com

</body>
    </html>

Selling Your Work Online

George Provost is the name of the gentleman I was remembering. Apparently since last time I checked (maybe two years ago), he managed to double his prices, which is a good sign. Steve, the problem for you is that five years ago, this kind of traffic would have put you in the top photography sites, but today it doesn't cut it anymore, as they are many more photographer's web sites competing for surfer's attention.

Selling Your Work Online

I have had my website up for about 6 months. Very little in the way of sales, but it has helped enormously in recognition and making good contacts. These, in turn, should lead eventually to sales.
    I wouldn't expect anything from e-Bay.
    Steven Nestler
    http://stevennestler.com

Selling Your Work Online

Mmmmm.... very interesting thread. Would anyone recommend a scanner for producing good quality jpeg's to display on a website? Also, if you happen to have a 16x20 photograph, what's the best way to capture this as a jpeg? Would you resort to taking a digital camera shot of the photograph? Finally, do you think the scanner damages photographs or causes degradation of chemicals?

Thanks for any replies
    Jak